Change the Christmas banner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Humm.. the pic of your screen of the 1280 pixels looks like mine ( shot below. ) But I don't have any troubles with reading. Have been running proper drivers for the graphic card?

1280 pix.jpg

Dave, that's exactly what I tried to show a few weeks ago.

Humm.. the pic of your screen of the 1280 pixels looks like mine ( shot below. ) But I don't have any troubles with reading. Have been running proper drivers for the graphic card?

View attachment 253102

No Wojtek, it's all about the banner.
The container-div scales with the browser-window size, while the banner-picture stays the same size. The page stays 1280 px wide, although the window is smaller, which results in horizontal scrollbar (as the window is 1024 px). As the container-div does become smaller, this gives a strange result.
In iOS, safari doesn't make a scrollbar, but it scales the page to about 70% instead, which scales the content of the container, while the banner stays the same. The fonts are thus scaled down, too and on the iPad, I always have to zoom in for the text. Anyone using a touchscreen know how annoying that can be as you keep on scrolling sideways.

So it has nothing to do with a graphic card, but everything with the horizontal size of the browser window. I could easily solve it if I had access. David probably can.

I don't know how to explain the problem more clearly.
banner-2014-01-30_22-51-28.png

Last edited:
Yep, everything's up to date, system is running like a Swiss watch...no problems.

The banner has been offset like this since earlier in the month when you were trying to get the alignment situated after switching from the Christmas banner. I just haven't said anything about it until now.

David has aready known about that. I had reported it to him. But he didn't have any time for playing with the setting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back