Allison V-1710 Service Manual Upload

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is an amazing manual of mine that I scanned myself. I scanned it at very high dpi to catch every little detail, especially in the beautiful schematics. Also, check back soon and I will upload a smaller Allison V-1710 handbook after I finish converting the pictures to PDF. Enjoy, Keith

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Many thanks Keith, now I need more time to read all of this :lol:

Holy smokes! This is like a Chilton's Manual for one of the most famous WWII aircraft engines of all time. How about that color plate on "Exhaust Flames and Their Characteristics" on page 138. :)
I appreciate that you took the time to make a higher resolution copy to share. I raise my Guinness to you sir!
Derek

Your right Derek! The color in this manual is amazing, especially towards the back of the book where they show the general installation setup in each Allison powered aircraft! I just uploaded a small handbook on another thread and it's the Operator's Manual for the V-1710, not as much color but still really cool!

Many thanks for taking the time to scan both books.

Question.
Does either book (or does anyone else have) the crankshaft main bearing and the crankpin diameter for the Allison???
Also wonder what the head diameter is for the intake and exhaust valves.

Piper106

Piper, I had one more book with some outstanding V-1710 information. I went ahead and did some quick scans for you and it should have what you are looking for. If not, contact the AEHS "Aircraft Engine Historical Society" and I they can tell you anything you ever wanted to know about any warbird engine! AEHS Home Best Wishes, Keith

Attachments

• V-1710 Rebuild Specs and Manual.zip
    15 MB · Views: 1,468
I am uploading this manual again but to this site instead of the 3rd party site. It's 110 megabytes in size overall, so I split it into 4 pieces for easier handling. I also adding my scan of the smaller Allison Engine User Manual as well.

View attachment Allison Manual Part 3.pdf

View attachment Allison Manual Part 4.pdf

View attachment Allison User Manual.pdf

Enjoy

View attachment Allison Manual Part 1.pdf

View attachment Allison Manual Part 2.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this tread is still active. superkeith1872 posted parts of a book containing details that would allow someone to overhaul the engine. I cannot locate that book and are now wondering if that is available as original or complete scan? I can see that there is over 700 pages.
Regards

You can take a look at post #8 here, now the links are neatly arranged, too.

I am uploading this manual again but to this site instead of the 3rd party site. It's 110 megabytes in size overall, so I split it into 4 pieces for easier handling. I also adding my scan of the smaller Allison Engine User Manual as well.

Enjoy

Gidday SuperKeith

Absolutely magic for quality and content

Any change of rescanning two pages from part three?

And page 6-5/6-6 from from part 2 has the same problems

Regards

Mi

Clipboard11.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the useful files. I have been writing an essay about this engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back