Data Base: Japanese Aircraft Engines (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maybe good news i find this How to Translate PDF Word Documents with Google Translation
unlucky the pdf are too heavy for my upload capability somebody can't divide in two (or best three) part each? almost one so i can try

What pdf file you are talking about? If you mean three parts that Shinpachi have been posted here, I can compress them from ~46Mb to ~4.6Mb.

If you have your own pdf file, lets put it into any filesharing server, so I could see what to do to have it appropriate size. You can also work with jpg pictures so they have rather small size but not pdf.

Just can get what you with shinpachi are talking about

Location of aviation and engines plants in Japan as it was known before the war

May be somebody has more accurate map, you are welcome!

What pdf file you are talking about? If you mean three parts that Shinpachi have been posted here, I can compress them from ~46Mb to ~4.6Mb.

If you have your own pdf file, lets put it into any filesharing server, so I could see what to do to have it appropriate size. You can also work with jpg pictures so they have rather small size but not pdf.

Just can get what you with shinpachi are talking about

i'm talking of Shinpachi three parts, maybe very good if you can make it to 4.6 mb so i can upload it

Last edited:
thank you, i'll try the upload

tried unlucky after the try the websharing negate upload for file over 10 MB
Here they are of 6-7Mb
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Can I ask dear Shinpachy why it was needed to scan the book so damn inaccurate? What are to do with that pages are scanned with shift? What for vertical resolution is 275dpi and horizontal is 146dpi?

So to have pages like this one

If Shinpachy upload somewhere just images of pages in jpg with resolution no less then 200 (both vertical horizontal) and compression likly not less then 80% I can compel good pdf of appropriate size.

It was not inaccurate Aurum. Please check the same page in my original pdf file.
It was scanned with 300dpi so that OCR can read.

It was not inaccurate Aurum. Please check the same page in my original pdf file.
It was scanned with 300dpi so that OCR can read.

OK lets define problem. If OCR program needs 300dpi and no more then 10Mb it is possible to extract pages from entire pdf and put them into OCR separately by spreads

Last edited:
my first result, first page second pdf:
• Air-cooled contact 窣 fire first two questions from Part

Aichi zero water reconnaissance aircraft type

Decided to proceed with plans for a modern aircraft with a twin float aircraft. However, because those plants were extremely busy, had been disqualified and could not be completed within the time this was decided to prototype. However, prototyping in a fashion to be continued, completed Unit 1 in January 1939 and June followed by 丨Ki bow was conducted flight test in-house and was completed unit No. 2.
However, the loss of 2 spy plane in accident with 12 prototypes built by Kawanishi Wed, unexpected happening occurred.
The result is fortunate to have this machine that Aichi, naval air ® technology to send a representative suddenly Aichi, ride a result of the unit, has found that good performance was. After the receipt with two aircraft, the results were made again in Yokosuka 纖 performance, was appointed in November 1939 adopted in field artillery. After making minor modifications resulting from the more practical 賺, decided to adopt a zero type spy on Wed 1st December 1940, was renamed and then type 11 zero spy type water.
This machine has been built since production planning large-scale job offer, not only for support, Aichi, which is produced in parallel, such as large aircraft and Kyushu 厫 d 'was carried out.
Width of the war, for the base, widely used as the barrage in unspectacular, but it was a major achievement has been working a good game against the Navy over the whole area.
f) • Zero Nakajima Navy transport equation, Showa
Compared to the Japanese army and navy of the United States and, to enhance private jet to transport personnel and supplies are needed and not the most enthusiastic about.
Still, the Navy in late 1937, Douglas was an American aircraft was excellent DC - put the eye into three types, and Mitsui acquired through its manufacture, transport and zero type.
The unit was responsible for producing the first airplane was Showa, the company has just launched a new company and, partly mature production technology in addition to lack of technicians, producers were slowly advancing, the first flight in April 1939, the April 1940 No. 2 was finally completed that I thrown in 1941 who is also the No. 3. Mitsubishi 43 Venus was scheduled: 11 transport aircraft with indigenously motivated circumstances that were completed 塑発 It's not until July 1941.
Against this backdrop, the first word! Of one unit has been achieved • The painting was a Nissan, it had since the beginning of 1942 after the start of World War II.
Navy to eliminate this delay, it was ordered to produce parallel Nakajima autumn 1941, the total number of aircraft production unit, the 430 aircraft in Showa 71 Nakajima aircraft was parked. As the U.S. DC - dedicated to the transport of military types in comparison with the 3 C -47 introduced a number of aircraft to transport 析違 not, although there were differences in national power, not a modern warfare game out the necessary transportation, have to say I had other choice is a big difference to the supply level of basic awareness.
The 12 transport aircraft first, followed by type 11, type 52 was equipped with 51 type or Venus

japanese version:
問発編一第2窣•空冷式発動接

愛知零式水上偵察機

機に双フロートを付けた近代的な機体の計画を進めることにした。しかし,工場 の方が超多忙であったことから,試作機を決められていた期間内に完成させるこ とができずに失格となっていた。それでも,一応試作作業は継続することにして, 昭和14年1月に第1号機を完成し,弓丨き続いて6月には第2号機も完成して社内 で飛行試験を行っていた。
ところが,川西が製作した12試作水偵が2機共に事故で失われるという,思わ ぬハプニングが発生した。
結果的にはこのことが愛知機に幸いして,海軍は空技®の担当者を急遽愛知に 派遣して,本機の試乗を実施した結果,良好な性能を有していることが確認され た。その後,2機共に領収され,横須賀において改めて性能纖が行われた結果, 昭和14年11月に制式採用が内定した。更に実用賺結果による小改造を行った後, 昭和15年12月に零式1号水偵として採用が決定し,その後零式水偵11型と改称さ れた。
本機には,採用内定時から大規模な生産計画が建てられており,愛知のみでは これに対応できなかったため,広エ厫や九州飛行機などでも並行して生産が'進め られた。
大戦巾は,基地用,艦載用として広く使用され,地味ではあったが,海軍の作 戦区域全般にわたって良く活躍して大きな功績を残している。
f )海軍•零式輸送機中島,昭和
日本の陸海軍はアメリカなどに比較すると,要員や必要物資を輸送するための 専用機を充実させることには余り熱心とはいえなかった。
それでも,海軍は昭和12年末に,当時の優秀機であったアメリカのダグラス DC — 3型に眼をつけて,三井物産を通じてその製造権を取得し,零式輸送機と した。
最初に本機の製造を担当したのは昭和飛行機であったが,同社は発足したばか りの新しい会社であり,技術者の不足に加えて製造技術の未熟もあって,生産は 遅々として進まず,初号機が昭和14年4月,第2号機が昭和15年4月,第3号 機も昭和16年に人ってようやく完成するというスローさであった。予定されてい た三菱の金星43:塑発動機を搭載した純国産の11型輸送機は昭和16年7月になって やっと完成するという有り様であった。
こうした中,最初の言!•画であった日産1機が達成されたのは,太平洋戦争開始 後の昭和17年に入ってからになってしまった。
海軍はこの遅れを解消するため,昭和16年秋から中島に命じて並行生産させる ことにしたが,本機の総生産機数は,昭和で430機,中島で71機に止まっていた。 アメリカが同じようにDC - 3型を軍用の輸送専用としたC -47輸送機を析違 いの多数機で投入したのに比べると,国力の相違があったとはいえ,近代戦を戦 い抜くに必要な輸送,補給に対する基本的な認識の程度に大きな差があったと言 わざるを得ない。
最初の11型に続いた12型輸送機には,金星51型または52型が装備されたが,

method:
i downloaded trial version of abby fine reader, installed and used on pdf

comments:
too late

Your effort was great and thank you, Vincenzo!
At least more than 95 percent of the Japanese text is correct and the mistakenly read JP-characters seem automatically omitted before being translated into English because, I guess, it would have made no sense as a phrase.

Great attempt and result. A person who does not understand Japanese can make Japanese text now:shock:

Your effort was great and thank you, Vincenzo!
At least more than 95 percent of the Japanese text is correct and the mistakenly read JP-characters seem automatically omitted before being translated into English because, I guess, it would have made no sense as a phrase.

Great attempt and result. A person who does not understand Japanese can make Japanese text now:shock:

no problem

there are some problem the trial version of abby fine reader save only 50 pages and one a time, the first it's not a grat problem i've 3 pcs so i can "translate" a pdf for pc but the second it's large because i've not adobe "writer" so i can divide the pdf in single pages so i need or a advice as divide the pdf in single page w/o adobe or some that divide the pdf in singles pages

As many as 50 pages at a time seems enough because the total pages are less than 200.
Here are devided files page by page for you, Vincenzo, though I am not sure if it may accelerate the processing speed or not.

I take off my hat to you, Vincenzo.
You are great.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1-3.zip
    43.3 MB · Views: 561
  • 2-3.zip
    43.8 MB · Views: 461
  • 3-3.zip
    41.1 MB · Views: 448
Thanks, Vincenzo, for your cooperation.
You may be removing a burden from my shoulder.
I wish you good luck!

Thanks, Vincenzo, for your cooperation.
You may be removing a burden from my shoulder.
I wish you good luck!
I've translated tables with production and technical data.
Here is Mitsubishi engines' production data:
http://rapidshare.com/files/383472532/Mitsubishi_engines__production_data.xls.html
May be Vincenzo could help to translate that I did not.
Also I've tried to make annual table of engines' production by types and seems it is something different from that are already translated from the book p.183.
For example total production of
Kaseis 1x (Army + Navy) riches 7344 pieces Kaseis 2x 12173 pieces that are much over that in tab p.183.
Zuseis 1x (Ha 26 Ha 26-2) are 4725 (in tab p.183=4448 ) and Zuseis 2x 9070 (in tab p.183=8480).
Kinseis 5x 3897 (in tab p.183=4795) and Kinseis 6x 7317 (in tab p.183=5587)

I can not understand what are:
ホ-ネット発動機
明星発動機
As far as I understand 発動機 means just motor so can be missed?
The same seems 型 - type can be missed?
What does 航空局用 概算契約 愛国号用 means exactly?
Is it correct 甲 - Kai, 乙-Otsu, 丙 - Hei?

What were engines Ha 18, 21, 22, 111(difference from Kasey?), 114(difference from Ha 104 Ha 214?), 212, 312? N never heard before.
Allot of such questions:
Why it was necessary produce prototypes 試作 of Ha 102 in 1941?
What for Names and MK marking together are used?

Technical data tabs that I've translated are in pictures. If somebody is interested, I can upload.

Last edited:
today i've not work on translation it's just came the new pc with windows 7 64-bit and i've some trouble so i lossing time for tentative (w/o sucessfull) to solving it.

"Technical data tabs that I've translated are in pictures. If somebody is interested, I can upload."

i'm sure interested

for difference on production maybe that the for year there are numbers of other factory, not mitsubishi factory that produced the mitsubishi engine on licence?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back