Data Base: Japanese Aircraft Engines (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shinpachi

Lieutenant Colonel
Feb 17, 2008
Osaka
It starts with Nakajima's. pdf file attached.
I hope our local publisher won't claim their copyright as this is a private forum of membership.

They are all writen in Japanese, so -
1. Posting is one thing.
2. Translation is another.

Finding time, I'm going to translate them point to point.

This book "Engine History of Nakajima Aircraft (265pages in total)" consists of two main parts.
Development history is described on the former half with many engine photos.
Memories, recollections and testimonies of the former engineers occupies the latter half with almost no photos.

I introduce the photos from the former part and the chronological table of engine development history along with the full engine lists of Nakajima from the latter half to refile to 54 pages.

Publication of this book was discontinued twenty years ago, so I believe this is a rare opportunity to check its contents.

Please enjoy.

Attachments

• 00S.JPG
    00S.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,529
  • Engine_History_of_Nakajima_Aircraft(Excerpts).pdf
    7.9 MB · Views: 2,510
You are welcome Micdrow!
I'm glad to have your comment so soon.
Thanks!

Thanks vikingBerserker for your kind comment.
I have anyway picked up photos and lists, thinking the lines of Japanese letters would make little sense with no translation.

Thanks vikingBerserker for your kind comment.
I have anyway picked up photos and lists, thinking the lines of Japanese letters would make little sense with no translation.

Pictures some times are better then translations. One of the main reasons why I post stuff that I may not understand but others will. Besides pictures help immensely for modelers. Again many thanks!!!!

Pictures some times are better then translations. One of the main reasons why I post stuff that I may not understand but others will. Besides pictures help immensely for modelers. Again many thanks!!!!

Yes, it is Micdrow.
Your advice has reminded me of one thing.

Though this image may have nothing to do with the engine, my Russian friend is asking me what this part is for Ki-43(Oscar). Maybe a cockpit part but no one knows here.
If anyone should know what it is, please kindly advice.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Strange device_S.jpg
    Strange device_S.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,691
Yes, it is Micdrow.
Your advice has reminded me of one thing.

Though this image may have nothing to do with the engine, my Russian friend is asking me what this part is for Ki-43(Oscar). Maybe a cockpit part but no one knows here.
If anyone should know what it is, please kindly advice.

Thanks!

Off hand Im not sure, Looks awfully think and heavy to be from an aircraft along with heavy bolts. Ki-43 was a very light aircraft. The three prong layout has me kinda confused at the momemnt.

Its a long shot Shinpachi and I cant find any pictures as of yet but could that be the armored head rest if that is indeed from a Ki-43. It would explain the heavy thickness and the head cushion would be held by the three prongs.

My searching direction for what it is seems having been fixed.
I'm now serching a photo or any drawing around the head rest first.
Thanks again for your good guess, Micdrow :)
I'm frankly beginning to think the part might have been optional.

Attached is the first page of the Engine Lists of Nakajima with English translation.
The other two pages will follow with translation soon.

The designers' names are also introduced on it.
Please enjoy.

(1)E.jpg

Thanks for your friendly post with the natural sound of Japanese, Maximowitz.
My hardship for translation is rewarded.

Kochira koso Domo Arigato.
I thank you, too:)

Very nice translation Shinpachi, many thanks!!! Your welcome on the guess. The picture is hard to guess as to the size of the part. If you can get some measurements of the distance between the prongs and the plate it might help confirm as the size of a picture can be judgemental

Thank you for your so friendly advice about the unknown part, Micdrow.
I have some more photos of unknown parts and going to post.

proton45.
Here is the second page with translation of the Nakajima Engine Lists.
I have never seen so much detailed list as this, either.

Please enjoy.
(2)E.jpg

Mount for compass or gyroscope? Just guessing. Those prongs look a bit like brass or bronze.

- Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back