Junkers Jumo 213 Engine materials used question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pathfinder01

Recruit
Mar 28, 2012
I would like to know what material was used in the production of the engine blocks for the Junkers Jumo 213 series engine? If anyone has the specific material with D.I.N this would be appreciated

Was the same material also used for the other parts of the engine castings such as cylinder heads or gear box?

Did this differ from any of other inline engines such as the DB or the Rolls Royce Merlin?

Was the engine block of the 213 A models exactly the same as the 213E or did was the block also modified with the model changes as well. If you have references for this information I would be grateful.

Additionally, if there are any Junkers Jumo 213 series engines, cores or spare parts out there, I would be interested for a rebuild.

Last edited:
Thank you for the page link, however, the question seems to have been miss read as looking for the material used in making the 213 as opposed to fuel. Some general information is also on the page. If you or anyone else has more information (alloy and metal specific) it would be much appreciated.

The book from 1949 seems like a worthwhile addition to the Library

How does the Jumo213 compare against its contemporaries development potential wise?

Last edited:
DB605.
.....19.01kg of chromium.

DB603.
.....21.96kg of chromium.
.....2.16kg of nickel.

Jumo 004A (1942 design).
.....21lbs of chromium.

Jumo 004B.
.....7lbs of chromium.

Unfortunately I have no material data for Jumo 213 or BMW 801.

Rather interesting that even early model Jumo 004A jet engine used less chromium then V12 piston engines.

That would be an allow steel then. Percentages, not weights would give a goods indication of the iron to Cr-Ni ratios. I would expect some manganese and carbon in in there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back