Forum down.....

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
54,712
39,989
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
In my castle....
How do we prevent this from happening in the future?
 
too-damn-high-meme-generator-the-rent-is-too-damn-high-52014a.jpg
 
It is hard to say since we have no idea what happened in the first place.
 
Chris, did Horse get it running again or did the internet gremlins go away and it came back online?

I sure hope it was Horse......kinda worried about the guy
 
I wonder, if this forum was like some others that a password would have to be cleared, and returned to the registered email address Before the person can post???? Just wondrin out loud.
 
Just a question, guys. Does anyone know which search modus this forum is using? If it's using the internal indexing, there is a possibillity that the index has become too large, crashing the forum. The current problem with search however seems to indicate an external indexer being used (solr?)
 
an error report of 127.0.0.1:3312 indicates a server socket failure...with that high of a number, is the server running out of memory?

I'm not a pro with server-side scripting and database support, but that just had me wondering
 
How do we prevent this from happening in the future?

pen, paper and snailmail.......
 
Perhaps we should let the general membership know that there is a facebook group they can rally to in the event this happens again (not saying it will, but you and I both know better)

Maybe post the facebook info in the News section of the forum?
 
an error report of 127.0.0.1:3312 indicates a server socket failure...with that high of a number, is the server running out of memory?

I'm not a pro with server-side scripting and database support, but that just had me wondering
no Dave, it means that it looking for a service on the local host which is listening to port 3312. The portnumber has nothing to do with memory. This service could be a solr server or the like that indexes all the data on the website and provides a search engine. But I'm not sure in this case.
 
Last edited:
Ahh...gotcha

The bulk of my knowledge on such things is terribly outdated or doesn't extend to the dark mysteries of server stuff...lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back