Site Issues

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The "Chika" ad was a real pain in the azz to close, the X was nearly impossible to tap without opening the ads (especially on the iphone) and it would often float up and cover the page.

This black one I can leave there or just hit the X and make it go away :thumbleft:

Here you go, though it now only appears on the forum home page as seen
Screenshot_2014-09-01-20-30-47.png

What happened to the forum guys? All I get on my laptop is a baby blue screen with 'Metro' written at the top... is this the new format?

EDIT: Just read Dave's advice about the bottom left menu (select fluid ww2 updates) and got the old format back. MUCH better!

Last edited:
Scroll the screen to the bottom Evan and set the fluid_ww2_update instead of the Metro template. Just the forum ( server ) cache was reset.

Karl, this is what I was having to deal with before...

Chitika_Ad_issue.jpg

That "Chitika" (I was spelling it wrong earlier) Ad would occasionally have no option to close and it would move around the screen, totally killing my visit to the server. So this latest one is much better for both my iPad and iPhone!

Karl, this is what I was having to deal with before...

View attachment 270951

That "Chitika" (I was spelling it wrong earlier) Ad would occasionally have no option to close and it would move around the screen, totally killing my visit to the server. So this latest one is much better for both my iPad and iPhone!

wow that is bad, i will stop whinging about the little black banner on my sony xperia !

Since the site update I cant view the Aviation forum. If I click on the blue Aviation link on the menu of forums the menu page just reloads just reloads and I get nowhere. I can enter any other forum by clicking the blue links (though I havent clinked on all the gaming links) but not Aviation I can click on the >> button to visit the last post on aviation but thats it.

edit: Logged out and back in but still same problem

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the site or my PC but......

1. I'm having trouble with the Basic Uploader. The "Select Files" button does not work - I have to click the Basic Uploader link on the right. And I'm not able to select multiple files at once like I used to. I can only upload one pic at a time.

2. The window for Mod panel was overlapping onto other screens. Very weird.

3. Using the "Quotes" has produced dome wonderful effects. It once took 10 minutes to accept. Just recently it showed a new post by....me! It was listed when I checked for "New Posts", as if I wasn't the person logged in. Very strange.

What style do you use? Metro or the fluid_ww2_update one? If you use the fluid_ww2_update as your default one it is probably the reason. There are still errors of the template that appeared after the recent upgrading. Therefore Horse switched to the Metro style that is free of errors methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back