P-40 Performance Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Different P-40 Comparisons threads

Enjoy

Attachments

• P-40 comparison.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,342
  • Power setting P-40 with Allison engine.pdf
    611.4 KB · Views: 736
  • P-40D E.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 937
  • P-40 Limitations.pdf
    833.4 KB · Views: 732
Thank you v2, I really needed that manual since I'm modelling several variants of the P-40 for Il2 mods. The aim of my mods was to increase pilot realism in the handling and management of the P-40, so this manual was absolutely invaluable to my efforts (I've been making engine modelling adjustments as I read it).
Cheers.

Again, a similar request to that I posted in P-39 thread. I checked the documents posted but I cannot see any speed/climb rate chart. Does anyone have one corresponding to a late 1942/early 1943 model?

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone has managed to track down a copy of the NACA evaluation of the flying qualities of the P-40? From various other NACA docs, I've determined that the report in question is:

"Measurements of the Flying Qualities of a Curtiss P-40 Airplane" (AC No. 39-160), Phillips, William H. and Vensel, J. RNACA CMR, Army Air Corps, May 31, 1941.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to pull this particular report up on the NASA Technical Reports Server. Many other wartime and pre-war reports can be found there NASA Technical Reports Server but for some reason this one is MIA...

blue six

I know this is a dated thread but it seems to be the place for my question. I would like to know the date when the P-40Q was first flight tested, can anyone help?

Below are the Tactical Planning Characteristics and Performance Charts for the P-40 dated November 1943.

Eagledad

Attachments

• P40pt1.JPG
    P40pt1.JPG
    976.7 KB · Views: 274

Users who are viewing this thread

Back