Bf-109 Performance Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
New performance thread for the discussion of the Bf-109 performance.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• Bf-109f Evaluation.pdf
    618.7 KB · Views: 942
  • R&M2361-me109 handling test.pdf
    14.1 MB · Views: 1,293
  • Diving_Test_109F_W.Nr.9228_ger_eng.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 893
I would like more data about 109. It ll be usefull to make appointments about 109 versions and how the flight performance and building caractheristics changes between versions.

A comparison between G-2, G-6, G-10 and g-14 ll be great!

Would I ask why 109 became a heavier plane in his later versions, experiencieng a downgrade in his perfomance caractheristics? Is this real or am I wrong?

I would like to verify this myself but more data is needed. I would aprecciate some sources. Thank you!

Would I ask why 109 became a heavier plane in his later versions, experiencieng a downgrade in his perfomance caractheristics? Is this real or am I wrong?

I would like to verify this myself but more data is needed. I would aprecciate some sources. Thank you!

I find that happens with any mechanical contraption. The original design is usually pretty well balanced but as they get further into the design life, the weight increases. Cars and Aircraft are especially susceptable to it.

Hi,

there was sevral reasons, for more weight, one was the engine.
The DB605A is more heavy than the DB601E and the DB605D is more heavy again.
From the 109G2 onward, they increased the wheels and other parts got stronger.
The clean G2 had a weight of close to 3050kg
The early G6 around 3150kg
Here the 13mm guns made most of the weight.
Later G6´s got more amunition for the cannon(200 instead of 150 rounds, 88kg instead of 60kg)
And some more smaler additions, so the weight increased to around 3195kg.
Later 109G´s had additional tanks and system parts to use MW50(around 65kg).
So the weight did grow to around 3260kg.
When a MK108 got used, again around 50kg more.
The 109G10 and K and also the G6AS had the bigger and around 20kg heavyer supercharger.
The DB605D also was a little more heavy, by around 25kg.
So in relation to the early G6(3150kg), the 109K had +50kg for the engine, + 50kg for the 30mm, + 80kg for MW50 and some otherl additions of around 30kg, so around 3360kg.

Since in most cases the reason for more weight was going with more power, the flight performence of the plane didnt decrease in general(onyl between G2 and early G6 it was like that).
The impression that that later 109´s was less good than the earlyer is related to the "war results", not to the plane performence itself. The 109G6 onward got into the war, when the odd´s turned to be bad and when the enemy planes, specialy in the west, got even more power, due to high octan power, while the 109´s only got much more power when MW50 was available, but at that time it was to late(mid 44).

Greetings,

Knegel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back