Requesting performance data for VVS fighter types (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

na85

Recruit
Feb 25, 2010
Hello folks

I've been a WW2 enthusiast for many years, and recently have become interested in the soviet fighters. I know this site tends to have a bit of a western bias in terms of what gets attention and what does not, but I figured there is a large population of experts here to exploit :lol:

Does anyone have or know of where to get performance data for the Soviet types? Primary sources obviously preferred. I'm looking for the sort of thing that might be found on WWII Aircraft Performance , specifically speed/climb rate plots, fan plots, and drag polars.

Any input would be appreciated.

Welcome na85. As you say, source material is the best resource. Official Flight Test Reports and Flight Manuals are the things to go for but the latter have different layouts to western manuals and of course there's the challenge of translating into English. However I'm confident there is enough talent among the membership to overcome these little difficulties! :)

My Russian reading comprehension is.... okay.

I'm an engineer so reading the charts ought not to be a problem but I'll be damned if I can actually find any! :p

I've already read the thread that vikingBerserker linked but ideally what I'd like to get my hands on are the actual performance curves, not a tabulation of results done by a 3rd party. I suppose beggars can't be choosers though, right? There are some good curves in that thread from the "TSAGI book" that I'm trying to get a copy of.

I would have thought there'd be a few reports made by the Germans on captured Soviet aircraft floating about, as their records were generally pretty good.

The search continues.

Last edited:
It's all I got

Attachments

• Aircraft-evaluation-5.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-5.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Aircraft-evaluation-17.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-17.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Aircraft-evaluation-19.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-19.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 377
  • Aircraft-evaluation-8.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-8.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 345
  • Aircraft-evaluation-20.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-20.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 452
  • Aircraft-evaluation-6.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-6.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Aircraft-evaluation-22.jpe
    Aircraft-evaluation-22.jpe
    104 KB · Views: 382
  • Aircraft-evaluation-3.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 411
  • Aircraft-evaluation-16.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-16.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 405
  • Aircraft-evaluation-7.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-7.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 392
  • SturmCharts.jpg
    SturmCharts.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 394
  • Aircraft-evaluation-4.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-4.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 422
  • Aircraft-evaluation-18.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-18.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 378
  • Aircraft-evaluation-15.jpg
    Aircraft-evaluation-15.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 396
Nice stuff Wells.

Those look like they're from Самолетостроение в СССР aka the "TsAGI Book" if I'm not mistaken. I only recently acquired a copy and haven't had a chance to look through the two volumes myself yet. Seems like these are all that's out there, sadly.

Thanks!

They're not mine! I grabbed em off a board some 10-12 years ago. Without the text or the conditions of the flight tests, they're actually pretty useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back