**** DONE: 1/48 P-40N RAAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
User Name: N4521U
Name: Bill
Category: Advanced
Entry: P-40N in RAAF.
Kit: 1/48 Hasegawa P-40N

Accessories; PE set, exhausts, gear doors, and decals. Probably some scratch details. May cast the control surfaces, dunno yet.

Leonard Victor Waters, Australia's First and Only Aboriginal Fighter Pilot. The story is too lengthy, so I am posting a link to his unique story. This may go to the HARS Museum, even if it's for just a short time. His story just need to be in public view.

The Landings - Black Magic
Len Waters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Peace Generation

Attachments

• GB20-1a Waters Oilpainting.jpg
    GB20-1a Waters Oilpainting.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 270
  • GB20-1b walters_stamp.jpg
    GB20-1b walters_stamp.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 286
  • GB20-1c P-40 kit.jpg
    GB20-1c P-40 kit.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 298
  • GB20-1d P-40 extras.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40 extras.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited by a moderator:
Funny bugger Paul............... coulda been, I have noooo idea who mixed with the Scots and Irish in my tree. Oh, except for the Blackfoot my GG Grandfather married in Ioway!

Now I have never seen that in flight shot!
Thanks for that...........

Now by That shot, it had the name on Both sides of the nose!!!!!
Yes?

***Or could it be reversed?????
****Silly me, the E would be backwards...... so it is both sides!

Last edited:
Yep they arhhhhhhh..
They have been changed to match new research and discovery that the "L" is not correct.
And it looks like the name was painted on Both sides by the photo above.

A very interesting subject.. looking forward to the build. :thumbright:

However it's the last time I have edited any title of a thread for GB projects. As memo serves all joining GB builds agreed to keep the proper titles and form of posts for that. Unfortunately there are still guys who have a trouble with this. I would understand that there could be made a mistake, typo or something like that. But it is really ridiculous there is a problem with copying the base of each GB title and paste it to the own one. I have started suspecting that it is done against me. Therefore this is the last thread edited by me and made "stick". I'm not going to take care of such threads any longer. These won't be stuck. If you don't agree with me there is no problem I can give up this at all.

my best

WOjtek

..and there will likely be another when I get my a$$ in gear. Good subject Bill and a great candidate for a potential "Aircraft flown by interesting pilots GB".

Wojtek, I'm sure no-one is doing this against you. Perhaps a separate thread on this topic might be in order as a reminder to everyone. I myself might have tripped up on this particular issue as I'm usually not amongst the first to post my entries but am able to copy what others have put up.

Wojtek, I'm sure no-one is doing this against you. Perhaps a separate thread on this topic might be in order as a reminder to everyone. I myself might have tripped up on this particular issue as I'm usually not amongst the first to post my entries but am able to copy what others have put up.

Sorry Andy I have done it twice...

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/group-builds/small-request-29415.html

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/15-carrier-aircraft/reminder-33496.html

A very interesting subject.. looking forward to the build. :thumbright:

However it's the last time I have edited any title of a thread for GB projects. As memo serves all joining GB builds agreed to keep the proper titles and form of posts for that. Unfortunately there are still guys who have a trouble with this. I would understand that there could be made a mistake, typo or something like that. But it is really ridiculous there is a problem with copying the base of each GB title and paste it to the own one. I have started suspecting that it is done against me. Therefore this is the last thread edited by me and made "stick". I'm not going to take care of such threads any longer. These won't be stuck. If you don't agree with me there is no problem I can give up this at all.

my best

WOjtek

Sorry for that, was a brane fart.
Too anxious to make the point of the ONLY aborigine to be Allowed to fly a fighter. Not unlike the Tuskegee pilots and the prejudice that preceded, and followed their service. I do understand the frustration I brought on and apologize for that.

Yep they arhhhhhhh..
They have been changed to match new research and discovery that the "L" is not correct.
And it looks like the name was painted on Both sides by the photo above.

Howdy Bill

Yes, the name was on both sides. There are some other interesting features, including the lighter coloured ailerons and absence of a serial number - although one is provided for in the decals. Speaking of which I have this set also, which in mine also included a note about some breaking up on contact with water due to a missing coat of varnish in the manufacturing process. You may wish to test this with the "L" code or apply another coat yourself - just in case. I'll get around to doing this one myself sooner or later!

If you decide to add the öther sides' "Black Magic", Gary Byk from Redroo is very helpful, so he may be apple to supply the second side if you ask, or alternatively you could use standard white letters to do one or both. They are about 4in and decal sheets are available.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• 10 HUE.jpg
    10 HUE.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back