The Group Build Participants Icon Thread.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan's idea of a medal ribbon looked OK. However, I wouldn't want it to look as if DFC's RK's, CGM's etc were being handed out - in a way, that would be almost an isult to actual recipients of those hard-won awards. But, a similar looking version of the ribbons, perhaps with the order of the colours etc changed slightly, would look good. For instance, for the PTO build, something close to whatever campaign medal was awarded for that theatre. Sorry, that area/time period, is not my strong point, but you probably get the idea.

How bout somethin like this for starters???

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 366
Hmm. The idea is sound Dan, but I'm thinking about how much room would be taken up, especially after four or five GB's. But, in a similar vein, how about keeping the text, with a silhouette of a relevant aircraft above it? For instance, for GB1, a Bf109 or FW190 plan profile, maybe in black, or another 'solid' colour, small enough to be in line, wing tip to wing tip, with the underlying text block, the whole thing about as wide as the 'HQ' button at the bottom right of screen.

Good point - how about the same idea, with just the GB number? A winner, 2nd or 3rd place couls also have a suitable Bar (clasp) beneath?
Let's see what others have to say. I like your basic design, just a bit concerned about all the space needed. If you think it'd be OK, then the only thing I'd change slightly is the pic, which I realise you're using as an example. Just replace with, as Cory said, an 'iconic' image, in this case maybe an airborne '109 or 190?

Why not just make simple colour bars like they use on uniforms instead for the medals itself, but our own design and in the size of our flags under our avatars. We could also add one gold star for the winner, silver star for 2nd, s bronze for third and a simple propeller for those not in the competition but still taking part in the GB.....a tank if it's a armour GB, ship for a navy etc. etc...

Yup Nice work GG! since the group build is "Reich defense" birds Do you think something there should be german of the era? (course a swastika would be great but I don't think we'd be allowed?) If not what about something else to resemble German?(Just a suggestion:oops:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back