Unofficial group build: 'After the battle'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K

Brigadier General
Dec 17, 2007
The back of beyond
This is an open thread for anyone who loves modelling aircraft wrecks and conversions...

Any era, any type - abandoned aircraft, battlefield wrecks, captured aircraft, test aircraft, special conversions, 'blue cross' aircraft, military aircraft in civillian guise, etc, etc... basically any aircraft in non-standard form.

Intended as an on-going fun build for everyone. Enjoy! :D

I'd love to, at some point, try to model one of those derelict/abandoned crates, that was left behind in forrest openings etc. by the Luftwaffe personell....
I'll be following this thread closely...8)

No worries Terry - will be a little while before my own projects start happening, but thought I'd get the ball rolling for anyone else who's interested.

Really looking forward to seeing people's projects!

Yep, sure can my friend! Prototypes, Reno racers, target tugs - anything that dosen't fit into the normal group build or other categories!

What have you got planned?

I'd be up for this one Evan. The bird is already built, a bf109G trop, I overdid the weathering! It looks abandoned.

But I have an idea for a diorama. I want to get a 1/48 British vehicle, park it beside the 109 and have a couple of Tommies checking the plane out.

Something like this.

Me109-F4-14-Marseilles.jpg

Have seen a few pics of abandoned 262's etc in my JV44 book that look interesting, might try some of those OR something else. Don't want it to get too advanced....:oops: :lol:

Attachments

• Brown4_BW.jpg
    Brown4_BW.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 299
  • Austria1-1.jpg
    Austria1-1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 266
  • AustriaStuka-1.jpg
    AustriaStuka-1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 289
  • FW190.jpg
    FW190.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 13jg27-109k4.jpg
    13jg27-109k4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 289
Yep, sure can my friend! Prototypes, Reno racers, target tugs - anything that dosen't fit into the normal group build or other categories!

What have you got planned?

I'm not sure if I can find some free time for the project but I like your idea.I might decide to start one of these.

Attachments

• rozbity_Karas_z_41Eskdry_1939a.jpg
    rozbity_Karas_z_41Eskdry_1939a.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 314
  • P23_zdobyczny.jpg
    P23_zdobyczny.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 320
  • spit prototype.jpg
    spit prototype.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 292
Great stuff guys (and thanks Wayne)! Exactly the sort of stuff I had in mind...
Hoping to see lots of conversion work/ scratchbuilding on this one.

As it's intended as an ongoing build, I hope everyone can enter something at some stage! :D

Great stuff guys - exactly what I had in mind for this build topic!
Hoping to see lots of conversion/ scratchbuild work on this one...

As it's intended as an ongoing build, I hope everyone can post something at some stage! :D

Another few...

Attachments

• Abandonded aircraft.jpg
    Abandonded aircraft.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 301
  • Abandonded aircraft 2.jpg
    Abandonded aircraft 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 269
  • Abandonded aircraft 3.jpg
    Abandonded aircraft 3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Abandonded aircraft4.jpg
    Abandonded aircraft4.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Abandonded aircraft fw190_montecorvino.jpg
    Abandonded aircraft fw190_montecorvino.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 919
Love that Do 24 in the desert Jan!!!
That first Fw 190D-9 (W.nr 600645) is one of my intended projects too (has the Ta 152 type tail!)

some of those photos Jan are killer!

I've got a number of conversions planned for my complete collection of RNZAF aircraft -dunno if Il start doing them anytime soon though!

Later in life I'm planning a 1/72 diorama of the entire Wigram Aerodrome -My own tribute to the men and women who served and died

.........the other message to "^*^*^%" (It kills me to say it so I won't say it) can be found at New Brighton's beach! :lol:

You'll need a BIGGGGGGG house for that Daniel!!!! :)
My childhood 'D-day' diorama idea is "on indefinite hold" for the same reason...!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back