Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I hope that you can help me.
1) How do I tell what version of the PC video game “IL 2 Sturmovik” that I have: retail or boxed?
I just purchased the CD on eBay. I have looked at the readme file and it does not tell me (ie no version is mentioned).
The following is the first paragraph of the readme file.
“After the main manual was sent for final production, we had time to implement some new features as well as to describe some important points not covered beforehand. Consequently we have included last-minute changes and additions in this text.”
That makes me think that it is an original without any updates. Does that mean that it is the box version 1.0, or the retail version 1.01g, or some other version?
2) When I do find out, I am not sure which update patches to use. I have been reading the info on each from gamespot.com and I am a little confused. These are the patches I am referring to:
i) il2patch102b.zip (IL-2 Sturmovik v1.02b Patch)This add-on for Il-2 Sturmovik makes several additions and changes to the game. Note: it is not compatible with the retail version (1.01g).
ii) il2patch_103a-2.exe (IL-2 Sturmovik 1.0.3a patch) This is the patch 2 for IL-2 Sturmovik.
iii) il2patch_104.exe (IL-2 Sturmovik v1.04 Patch)The v1.04 patch adds three new flyable aircraft and fixes several issues with the game.
iv) il2patch_104a-supplement.exe (IL-2 Sturmovik v1.04a Patch)
This is the supplement patch of version 1.0.4 for IL-2 Sturmovik that fixes a stutter problem in the game. You do not need this patch if you are not experiencing this problem.
v) il2patch104b.zip (IL-2 Sturmovik v1.04b Patch )The v1.04b patch makes 16 bug fixes and other corrections to the game. It is not network-compatible with previous versions; please see the readme file for more details.
vi) il2upgrade11a.zip (IL-2 Sturmovik v1.1 Patch )The v1.1 patch adds 10 new flyable planes and a few other gameplay changes. Note: This file will update the boxed version 1.0. Please see the readme file for more details.
vii) il2upgrade11b.zip (IL-2 Sturmovik v1.04x to v1.1 Patch )
The v1.1 patch adds 10 new flyable planes and a few other gameplay changes. Note: This patch will update any version of 1.04. Please see the readme file for more details.
viii) il2upgrade12.zip (IL-2 Sturmovik v1.2 Patch )The v1.2 upgrade adds four new flyable aircraft and a bunch of new missions.
ix) il2upgrade_1.2ov.exe (IL-2 Sturmovik 1.2ov patch )
This is a 1.02 patch for IL-2 Sturmovik. It has an open folders structure for radio chatter voice files and corresponding HUD messages.
x) il2upgrade_1.2.exe (IL-2 Sturmovik 1.2 patch )This is an update for IL-2 Sturmovik that adds a number of planes to the pre-existing lineup.
3) Did I miss any?
4) If it is a retail version then is this the order: ii, iii, iv, v, vii, viii, ix, and x?
5) If it is a boxed version then is this the order: vi, viii, ix and x?
6) I am not sure which version uses i) : retail version other than 1.01g or boxed version.
7) I am a little confused about the use of update ix) . Why would I want “open folders structure for radio chatter voice files and corresponding HUD messages”.?
I know that this is a long post, but you at least know exactly what I know.
Thanks in advance for your help