Aust Model Expo (Melb) 2007

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maybe, you should make the splotche pattern of a thiner card and then you should hold them a bit closer.

Hey Adler doing the splotches can be a real pain, I do mine freehand I usually get them pretty good first time but not always. When I do stuff it up its usually the last colour, which means starting again with previous colours covering what I'm not happy with and carefully reapplying the layers.

I use Tamiya acrylics, fine nozzle in the airbrush, thin the paint 50/50 to start with, spray onto pad paper at varying distances to create the splotches/mottle pattern. Differing pressures, vary the mix and practice.
What scale are you working with? Remember the smaller the scale the more difficult it is to do.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I usually do 1:42 but sometime I drop down to 1:72. I actually like the smaller size of 1:72 the best because they dont take up a lot of space but I prefer the detail of 1:42.

Oh guys....Do you really think that there are standard scales in all the world only?.Models can be made in many different ones.It depends on a modeller's skills and interests.I made some 1:50 scale ones and I must tell you that they looked better than 1:72 ones and almost were as big as the 1:48 models.DerAdlerIstGelandet makes 1:42 scale models it means he prefers bigger ones.:|
Or he made a mistake and ment 1:32 scale.

and still some more Medium scale enhanced, the second one was the winner of this class.

Attachments

• P59A Airacomet 6390.jpg
    P59A Airacomet 6390.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Aeromachi MB339_6388.jpg
    Aeromachi MB339_6388.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 68
I have tought it was a mistake of typing.But 1:42 scale models can be much more detailed.:)

Here is one more for the enhanced section the good old Messerschmitt and a vacuum form aircraft as well, there were only three entries for the Vacform category so they won't take up much space.

Attachments

• Bf109F-4 Trop Yellow 3_6340.jpg
    Bf109F-4 Trop Yellow 3_6340.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Vacform Martin baker 5_wa_6553.jpg
    Vacform Martin baker 5_wa_6553.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 106
Ok the second vacform...

Attachments

• Vacform DeHavilland Sea Venom wa_6380.jpg
    Vacform DeHavilland Sea Venom wa_6380.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 84