NEW Airfix Dambuster Lancaster with dio' base (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd share this with you lot and could be a big seller, I for one will be getting it as this will look FANSASTIC with the Dam below
It still uses the old Airfix Dambuster Lanc' and as all us keen Lanc' builders know the Airfix job is still the best, well King really.

Just look at that dio' base 8)

Picture taken from Airfix's website.
A50061-front.gif

ian.

Saw this adverised in a magazine last week. Not the sort of thing I'd go for, but I agree, with some additional diorama work around it, it could look quite nice. I'm guessing this is Airfix trying to re-capture the 'younger' market, which will be great if it works, and the prices aren't too high. But, if it means a decline in 'real' kits, it could well backfire on them. I hope not.

I've just thought !!! What if the Dam is a cheap nasty thin Vac' moulded thing, yuk.

The kit is £22 on ebay just spotted a few, though theres also a postage charge of £5

ian.

Last edited:
Almost certainly will be a vac form, or thin plastic at least, maybe even polythene. It'll also be about 1/144th scale or thereabouts, I would think.

Don't blame you Daniel. The Lanc will be the normal 1/72nd scale kit, but the 'diorama' is obviously a smaller scale, to represent height and distance. A bit gimmicky, but if it does attract a younger customer, and brings in some profits for Airfix, maybe we'll see some decent kits from them again. I certainly wouldn't pay the extra for something I don't need, and as I'm doing a 1/72nd scale Lanc soon, I'll go for the standard kit, or maybe the Revell kit.

IIRC I believe its on hold Terry , Peter Jackson has put a few of his movies on hold for the time being while he finishes up another

Your right though Wayne , I hadn't thought of that - could well be a great thing for Airfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back