A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Evan.

Looks like the Tamiya 1/32nd scale Mosquito FII/FB.VI kit has been released - seen ads for it with prices ranging from £130 to £140.
Although it looks good, I have doubts about the radio fit for the FB.VI version, unless there are alternative parts for the later FB.VI, but I'm seriously tempted to get one, rather than (eventually) continue with the conversion of the old Revell B.IV kit, although paying for all the detail such as the engines, which will be hidden, is a bit 'off-putting'.

Brett Green review of the kit:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dw4yr4d5sU

Thanks for that Andy.
B*gg*r ! I'm very tempted - not sure about the clear instrument panel parts (unless they're very thin) - but I am tempted, despite my 'No More Kits' rule !

There's also a B.IV put out by one of the chinese manufacturers now Terry... forget which off hand. will dig out the article this arvo and let ya know. (Moulding seems to be usual Tamigawa style)

There's also a B.IV put out by one of the chinese manufacturers now Terry... forget which off hand. will dig out the article this arvo and let ya know. (Moulding seems to be usual Tamigawa style)

Yes, I've seen the test shots, and I wasn't particularly impressed, especially at the price they're asking. I still want to do a FB.VI in 1/32nd scale, to replicate the 21 Sqn aircraft flown by my late friend, Bob Kirkpatrick, and have partially done the conversion on the old Revell B.IV, although there's a lot still to do, and that's before corrections to the basic shape in some areas !
I think I'll probably continue with it eventually, as £130 or more is lot to pay when most of the detail, except the cockpit, will be hidden, as I want the finished model to be 'clean', with only the entry hatch open.

I missed this one!!

IMG_20150817_174311.jpg

B*gg*r ! Another break in the 'No More Kits' rule !
Been waiting for a Meteor F8 for ages - and it's much cheaper than the Classic Airframes kit, especially at some of the loony prices at auction !

.....and the detail looks excellent....hmmmm.....No. 74 or No. 111 Squadron.....as the previous member said, b*gger!

One does wonder if they've read our Airfix and lost it thread, they're on fire now, as they say!

I noticed this....

"Additionally and very importantly Tamiya have now formulated and announced a global strategy covering 3 areas which is implemented with immediate effect;
1/ Price differential between export and Japanese Domestic prices [includes HK] are increased.

2/ new items to be delivered to Export markets [excl HK] 2-3 months in advance [includes Mosquito]

3/ any Japanese wholesaler known to supply a Japanese web exporter [eg HLJ] will have deliveries stopped. [retailers and web customers are supplied by wholesalers in Japan - not direct from Tamiya]"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back