Spitfire Mk.IX Royal Class.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
EDKR0008_00_zps704953c3.jpg

This Royal Class release from Eduard contains 416 plastic parts, photo-etched parts and paint masks for two complete models of their recently released Spitfire Mk.IX kit. A number of variants can be built: Mk.IXc early, Mk.IXc late and Mk.IXe. There are three wing options (F Mk.IXc, LF/HF Mk.IXc, Mk.IXe), 14 colourful marking options, Cartograf decals, 2 sets of Spitfire stencil decals, photo-etched sets and painting masks (2 sets each), photo-etched landing flaps (2 sets), brassin Spitfire 90gal slipper tank (2 sets), brassin extended wheel set (1 pair of 4-spoke discs, 2 pairs of 5-spoke discs, 1 pair of tyres w/ pattern, 2 pairs of smooth tyres) and 1 pair of Brassin Beer Barrels (to be installed on under-wing bomb racks). Marking options are:

F Mk.IXc, MH358, flown by S/L James E. Storrar, CO of No. 65 Squadron, Kingsnorth AB, September, 1943.
F Mk.IXc, EN398, flown by F/O Ian Keltie, No. 402 Squadron, Kenley AB, March, 1943.
F Mk.IXc, EN526, flown by W/Cdr A. Gabszewicz, CO of Northolt Wing, Northolt AB, summer, 1943.
LF Mk.IXc, MH779, No. 453 Squadron, Ford airfield, June, 1944.
LF Mk.IXc, flown by Maj. Garth Jared, CO of 309th FS / 31st FG, USAAF, Pomigliano / Castel Volturno AB, Italy, late 1943/early 1944.
LF Mk.IXc, MH763, flown by Prince Emanuel Galitzine, No. 72 Squadron RAF, Ramatuelle Airfield, France, autumn, 1944.
LF Mk.IXc, MJ628, flown by W/Cdr Daniel le Roy du Vivier, CO of No. 324 Fighter Wing, Italy, May, 1944.
LF Mk.IXe, NH432, flown by F/O Max A. Collet, No. 485 Squadron, Maldegem airfield, Belgium, fall 1944.
Mk.IXe, PV181, flown by W/Cdr Rolf Arne Berg, CO of No. 132 Wing, Twente AB, the Netherlands, winter 1944-45.
HF Mk.IXe, PT766, flown by Jean-Marie Accart, CO of No. 345 Squadron, Deanland AB, September, 1944.
LF Mk.IXe, flown by Maj. Vasiliy A. Matsyevich, CO of 26th GIAP, Leningrad Area, May, 1945.
LF Mk.IXe, SL632, 101st Tayeset, Israeli Air Force, late 1949.
LF Mk.IXe, MH978, No. 132 Squadron, 1944.
Mk.IXe, MK329, flown by W/Cdr J. E. Johnson, CO of No. 144 Wing, June, 1944.

Also included is an Eduard "Mark IX" Beer glass with Spitfire-style design (exclusively for the Royal Class edition only). Only 3000 of these kits will be produced.

Last edited:
Those Royal Class offerings form Eduard never appealed to me - marketing scam if you asked me.

Gotta say though the kit looks real nice and I'd love to build one some day. However, with yet two more Spits in my stash and an eagerly awaited, yet-to-be-released Mk XIV which I will readily snap up the minute it comes out, I will give this one a pass for now unless I see it stupid cheap somewhere.

If only Eduard had done a XIV.....

...A bit like a comment from an old model mag Andy, regarding the reissued Revell 1:32 Me 262B-1a/U1:

'Luckily, the model is available again as one of Revell's "Limited Edition* History Makers". The name "History Makers" fits this series quite well as they will go down in history as the most expensive reissue of some long forgotten kits'...

(* Authour had written 'Addition' :) )

Those Royal Class offerings form Eduard never appealed to me - marketing scam if you asked me.

Gotta say though the kit looks real nice and I'd love to build one some day. However, with yet two more Spits in my stash and an eagerly awaited, yet-to-be-released Mk XIV which I will readily snap up the minute it comes out, I will give this one a pass for now unless I see it stupid cheap somewhere.

If only Eduard had done a XIV.....

I agree Andy - if I happened to want two Spit MkIXs, I'd buy two, but I don't want all the marketing nonsense which only results in kits being bought to be hoarded by those who have no intention of building them, and probably wait until they're OOP, before bunging them on a auction site, to watch the bids go stupid.
And I think there's a very strong chance that Airfix will follow their Spit 19 with a MkXIV - they only need to make minor mould additions to do so. Keeping my fingers more crossed than they are already!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back