Bf 110G-4, Gruppenkommandeur II./NJG 5 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
ok guys who wants to step up to the plate on this one. sorry I have not found any pics of my cousins craft at least not at the moment

Gruppenkommandeur of II./NJG 5 killed while flying a Bf 110G-4 coded C5+AC, wrk # 6270

December 20, 1943 at 19.15 hrs over Garwitz close to their airfield of Parchim

camo is up to you guys but am curious what you'll come up with besides markings and radar hook-ups I have my thoughts of course on that.

Would this be a suitable camouflage Erich, like Wilhelm "Wim" Johnen's '110?

Attachments

• Bf 110G-4.jpg
    Bf 110G-4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 418
  • Bf 110G-4 2.jpg
    Bf 110G-4 2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Bf 110G-4 3.jpg
    Bf 110G-4 3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
the wellenmuster paint job of squiggles was usally done for western front crates in mid to late 1944 onward into 1945, in the summer and spring of 44 it was used on the Ost front.

good stuff guys keep it coming but not there quite yet.

closer W ~

ah but no bone yet, think that the splotching is very faint if at all. think the paint job and the spinners are one and the same. has SM installation, almost 100 % positive on this. 3 man crew

Radar seems to fit Jan's proposal but need to check the time frame. personally I am not 100 % sure on the forward arms either as it could of had the upper 3cm replaced by long barrel 2cm cannon's.

guys I have slight few Bf 110G-4 pics, many Ju 88G-6's though but that is another story

Erich, not sure if this will be any good to you, but I'm working on the proviso that the more the merrier. A/c 1 Bf 110G-4 (D5+DS), 8./NJG 3. the shark mouth inherited from original Haifischgruppe 11/ZG 76. A/c 2 Bf 110G-4 (3C+BR) 7.NJG 4. North West Germany 1943-1944 which is about the right period you are looking at.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• BF110.JPG
    BF110.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 326
thanks Vic for your additions.... . . . well here we go then.

my personal opinion

the C9 is small + A is black, the C is probably green due to the crate being a stab machine

I feel until I can get the positive that I need the first image of the twin radar array sets by Jan is probably what is going on. I also feel through the many years of reseraach and since this was right in the winter the A/C was probably overpainted in some way with the characteristic all over RLM 76 Blue-Grey-White, there may have been some lighter blotches of grey over th wings and fuselage spine but no welle squiggles.
Do not think the left underwing was painted Black for Flak-ID-purposes as that was terminated in 43.

still can speculate about his forward arms of four 2cm or the upper one balanced out to the usual twin 3cm MK 108's.

twin mg 81's in the rear of the cockpit and the SM of 2cm MG ff. I feel stongly on this as Hans flew a 110G-4 while flying in 5./NJG 5 the staffel that processed and further the idea of the Schräg waffen being introduced in the Bf 110G's of that staffel in August of 1943.

keep adding guys, the hunt.....................continues

don't think the early Lich radar was installed in fact it was removed and back to the central pole and heavy outside antlers like the top pics/profiles. the color scheme is pretty much what I was think and very light blue-grey/white for winter useage.

no takers yet ...............ho hum

I would, but since it'll be my like, second model, the painting would give me hell, :lol:

But I don't know how soon I'll be going to the hobby shop and I don't want to keep you waiting :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back