Fw 190D-9 "Red1" of JV44 Lt. Heino Sachsenberg....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to my bud Bill, I now have the pleasure of building this 190D-9.... He was oh so kind to ship this sweet ass kit to me across the country.... JV44 Papagei colors, with a photoetch kit inside....

Im still deciding if I am going to do the JV44 Red Bird, or with something else, aftermarket decals.... I was thinking of doing Dortenmanns Dora, Red 1 with the Yellow tail, to match with the 190A-8 of his I did previously....

Not sure....

Just opened the box and the photoetching gimmick is new to me... Looked up some info on the etchings and the info is vauge.... any help on how to go about doin them????

Attachments

• 190d 001.JPG
    190d 001.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 574
  • 190d 002.JPG
    190d 002.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 599
  • 190d 003.JPG
    190d 003.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 593
Im trying to find some alternative decal sheets for some guys who flew Doras, and the pickings are scarce.... The sheets that Eagle Cals has for Doras are rather boring and not for personal aircraft, atleast the ones I like....

Lookin for profiles/decal sheets for:

JG 26 or 54
Robert Weib
Peter Crumpp
Fritz Ungar

Heres Hans Dortenmanns Yellow Tailed Red 1 that I may end up doing...
ec21cover.gif

I ahve built it, and though I'm not as wise as Wayne, I do have some tips for it.

Make SURE the engine area is lined up, or it'll just scew everything. Mine was perfect, and the left wing is a little off, though the pain took care of it. I guess you know the flaps thing already, so that's it! Oh, and don't put the DF loop on too early like I did hehe.

EDIT: That came with Romm's?! I love that scheme. I'd do that one actually, though if you're set on either ret 1 or 13, do 1 of Dortnmann's.

I ordered decals from EE, but I probably would have painted them.

Here it is (pre-airbrush :()

Models001.jpg

I was basing it off of of White 11 of 13./JG 51, but I had to use the markings for Blue 12 because there was something black on the decals...

ec60cover.gif

Oh, and watch the spinner spiral, none of the 3 that came with my EE decals fit at ALL.

Still lookin for advice on this kit tho... Wayne, Wojtek???

In going through my limited resources, I cant find a reference to Dortenmanns Red 1 from JG 54, its all about his Yellow 1 that he flew from his JG 26 days till the end of the War.... So....

Yellow 1 is the option I'd go with, and I like the camo scheme better than on Red 1....

I'm yet to build one so can't offer up much on the kit itself, build wise, but it shares some bits from the A-8 and from taking a good look at it, it should be no better or worse to build than the A-8..in short a straight forward build.

Do you have the Eagle Editions Dora 9 book?

yellow 1's 'Yellow tail is the same as Red 1 not just the rudder.

On EC #21 Wayne, the camo jobs are different, as well as the red vs yellow numbering.... Is it the same wrk number, just repainted after his transfer to JG26???

I found this snippit on one of the links Lucky provided:

"The kit decals, at least as far as the two aircraft from the Papagei Staffel are concerned, are inaccurate and best replaced with the aftermarket sheet "Doras of the Galland Circus" produced by Eagle-Editions."

Anyone hear of this before???? What are the differences I wonder???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back