Need J2M Raiden Schematics (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Corsair7386

Recruit
Jul 25, 2007
Looking for some high-detail blueprints and schematics for the J2M Raiden japanese interceptor. I'm currently trying to get a design together to build a scale, remote model, but I cant seem to find any of the dimensions i need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone? =( all i've found so far are some low-detail black and white schematics.

Also, i'm planning on constructing the airframe (entire frame for the fuselage, wings, tail, etc.) out of aluminum. Currently in college for a welding major, so that shouldnt be a problem.

My concern is weight - aluminum is about the lightest thing i can find, ill probably go with 1/8 inch for all the frame peices, and either cover it with thin rivetted sheeting or a heat-shrink plastic wrap to save on weight. How much power will the engine need to handle that, assuming something around a 1/4 scale model (8.85 ft wingspan - the original was 35.41 ft). I'm considering using a weed-eater motor, think that'll work?

This is the best I can find

mitsubishi_raiden.jpg

Thanks. The two pictures I found had pretty much the same stuff, but that one does show some cross sections and the airfoil shape, which are what i really needed right now.

Does anyone know what airfoils were used on this plane? Thickness as percent chord will help also.

- Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back