Switcha's Lancaster pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wurger

Siggy Master
Staff
Admin
Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Poland
There are some pics of Switcha"s Lancaster model I have moved from Ian Lanc's thread......

My lanc
picture034xy2.jpg

picture035sc8.jpg

topturrentxi6.jpg

Cheers Switch

More Pictures,

thebeastfinishedvm7.jpg

My favourite Picture
sideprofilehf9.jpg

I light this one with a LED as the flash was too harsh this close.
ledspotlighttq6.jpg

The front office.
frontofficespotlightedrn8.jpg

Cheers Switcha

Thanks for the help guys and sorry to Ian for any confusion.
I have finished the Lancaster off and have given it to a friend So there will be no more pic's, sorry guys. But I have started a Trumpeter 1/24 109G so i'll post some pic's of that here when I get going.

Cheers Switcha.

Thanks for the help guys and sorry to Ian for any confusion.
I have finished the Lancaster off and have given it to a friend So there will be no more pic's, sorry guys. But I have started a Trumpeter 1/24 109G so i'll post some pic's of that here when I get going.

Cheers Switcha.

Is it this one???

Attachments

• kit.JPG
    kit.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 228
Is it this one???

Very close, but I'm a sucker for blue eyes :oops: .
bf109g6pm7.jpg

Actually it was a toss up but I liked the color on the early version more plus the eyes yellow flashes make a it much more appealing than the standard grey 109's of that era.

Does anyone have any pictures or color reference material for the engine bays of the 109G's. I have a lot of pictures of the cockpits such but hardly anything on the engines. The instructions are okey but....

Cheers Switch

Opps forgot to add the picture...All done now.

Hi guys, back again. The Photo etch seat belts i was after have arrived and i now have enough reference material to get started properly. For some reason this kit is full of ejector pin marks si the putty has been getting a workout.

1002269vw8.jpg

The engine was painted with a cutom mix of flat black and a slight amount of silver to make it just metallic. The other metallic colours are Gunze 'Mr Color' paints.

There are 14 ejector pin marks in the cockpit area that needed to be filled, YUK.
1002267it8.jpg

picture059my0.jpg

I have painted behind the clear dash and also on the front.
1002351fm7.jpg

The progress so far.
1002352qy1.jpg

1002353dy2.jpg

Any suggestions, tips etc would be appreciated.

Cheers Switcha

Undoubtedly some of drybrushing and a subtle wash would make the cockpit much more real.Good work Switcha.:D

Switcha that is real nice man!

Some very light drybrushing with some silver or my preference, Tamiya Sky Grey over the raised cockpit details to bring out and highlight some detail....

The eyes were getting a little fuzzy last night for drybrushing but I agree.
The black boxes on the floor cockpit wall are being painted with tire black and then the switches are going gloss black but I will then hit them with a light coat of grey to pop the details. For chips scratches I'm using Vallejo Gunmetal and also Vallejo's for the washes.

Cheers Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back