Kagero? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Anyone bought their 3D, Topcolors and Topdrawings books and what's the War Camera Photobooks?

What are they like?

I have all Topdrawings and seen Topcolors issues.I haven't seen The Wat Camera Photobook series yet.It seems there is the first number of the series available at the moment only.
These are excellent There are decals included to every issue.Of course they correspond to a/c descrbed in an issue.
I can recommend these.

Jan, the Kagero and A J Press books are great, superb value too. With Kagero you have to be a bit careful though as some of the profiles and photo captions are innacurate or just plain wrong. Just taking one as an example "Me 410 in Combat", I've counted twelve errors in the book as a whole, but that aside they are worth having for the photographs alone. They also have a nasty habit of "borrowing" other writers work without credit or payment, there's a whole thread about that on another forum...

A Polish publisher I'm very impressed with is called AJAKS who produce the excellent "Militaria i Fakty" series of books. I recommend these highly. I'm not sure if they are available in the UK though, I'm fortunate enough to have this rather nice chap who lives in Pila to send them to me. You might know him, he's got this fetish for "Butcher Birds." :D

I have the Top Drawings for the Me 262 and Fw 190 D and have to say they are top notch and invaluable for modellers, the 1/72 and 1/48 drawings are superb.

So.... thank God for Poland! Collecting books on the Luftwaffe is expensive enough (£300 for all three volumes of Prien's History of JG 53? *faints*), so anything that is value for money should be applauded.

Oh, and you should see their modelling magazines too... they put anything produced in the UK to shame.

F*ck it! I'm moving to Warsaw!

Hmmm.....a fetish for "Butcher Birds", Pila.......hmmm.....I wooonder who that might be? :lol: I'll be buying a house in Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Bukarest, St Petersburgh.....just to keep close to the action! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread