CV2B of my dad (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

klarmie

Airman
Aug 9, 2008
My dad gave me a box FULL of slide and photos from his tours in Vietam. Here is one..I'll post more later

bou 39720.JPG

Last edited:
Nice pic. I take it she went of the runway. I saw a C-130 go off the runway (well I saw the aftermath that is) in Iraq. She ended up burning out though. I have a pic of it somewhere.

Nice pic. I take it she went of the runway. I saw a C-130 go off the runway (well I saw the aftermath that is) in Iraq. She ended up burning out though. I have a pic of it somewhere.

The way I understand the story is this: they were flying the USO tour into that AF base in Thailand. There was an IP and a CW1....my dad says it was unusual to have a CW1 . After they unloaded the tour folks they started doing STOL approaches so the CW1 could learn. You can see in the picture that they are using a road for a runway with the large ditches on the sides. Anyways, a gust of wind blew them off the road just a little, and thats what you see. He stated that A/C never few again...they cut it up during clean-up.
This was in November '63.

heres some more......

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Sweet pics!

The side-on shots remind me of a cat hunkered down, wiggling its butt ready to pounce on a bird or roach or something! Guess I'm just used to seeing the straighter lines like the C130 or C17 cargo planes.

Sweet pics!

The side-on shots remind me of a cat hunkered down, wiggling its butt ready to pounce on a bird or roach or something! Guess I'm just used to seeing the straighter lines like the C130 or C17 cargo planes.

here is a link for the performance of the Caribou if you were wondering......quite the bird if you ask my dad

C-7 / CV-2 Caribou

Second pic with the feathered prop is a little disconcerting, isn't it.

VERY nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Second pic with the feathered prop is a little disconcerting, isn't it.

VERY nice pics. Thanks for posting.

he said the shaft sheared.....not exactly sure what that means......

thanks, I have more to scan and share at some point.

Nice shots :thumbleft:

Shame to hear the RAAF's Caribou retirement , saw one display once , sweet bird 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back