Hungarian Air Force and Museums (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Monox

Airman
Dec 13, 2008
Museum on Kecel. Only east helicopters and warbirds.

G'day Monox! Nice photos.

Your first post, bottom left image, a SAAB Draken on the left? How did that end up in a Hungarian Museum?

Great shots Monox, and thanks too - I live here in Hungary, but hadn't heard of these museums!

...and Graeme, that Draken seems to be ex-Swedish Airforce (Svenska Flygvapnet), judging by the style and position of the heraldry badge on the tail. Maybe they donated it to the museum?

Evan

Great shots Monox, and thanks too - I live here in Hungary, but hadn't heard of these museums!

...and Graeme, that Draken seems to be ex-Swedish Airforce (Svenska Flygvapnet), judging by the style and position of the heraldry badge on the tail. Maybe they donated it to the museum?

Evan

Kedves A4K!

Szolnok és Kecel a magyar katonai repülés két létező múzeuma. Szolnokon hozzáértő emberek óvják és ápolják amit csak lehet, Kecelen kb. 10 jószándékú dilettáns ember halmozott fel egy rakás kétes forrásból származó eszközt. Erre példa pont a Draken, ami eredetileg a Viggen-en látott fenyőmintás terepszínnel érkezett, amit aztán itt "restautáltak", aztán kiették rozsdásodni a múzeumba. Szép, hogy itt van, de másképp is lehetett volna és lehetne ma is....

Although this collection does not exist already today (very much came to a sad end) a lot implied a valuable thing after all. I preserve his memory with a couple of photos.

Hungary's, Szekszárd city. Onto any amount strange, but a building material trading saved it the cutting up awarded aeroplane. Onto any amount got worn out in a state is, the business increased his traffic very much. The restoration of the aeroplane is expected.

Kedves A4K!

Szolnok és Kecel a magyar katonai repülés két létező múzeuma. Szolnokon hozzáértő emberek óvják és ápolják amit csak lehet, Kecelen kb. 10 jószándékú dilettáns ember halmozott fel egy rakás kétes forrásból származó eszközt. Erre példa pont a Draken, ami eredetileg a Viggen-en látott fenyőmintás terepszínnel érkezett, amit aztán itt "restautáltak", aztán kiették rozsdásodni a múzeumba. Szép, hogy itt van, de másképp is lehetett volna és lehetne ma is....

Kedves Monox!

Köszi az infót! Sokkal jobban tudsz írni Magyyarul, mint én!!! :)

(And now, for our English speaking viewers: )

Dear Monox,

Thanks for the info! Your written Hungarian is much better than mine!

(Und auf Deutsch...

just kidding! :) )

Great photos mate!

These airplanes brought to a halt in Hungary the Pápa AFB, in a private property. The Hungarian military one passed it over on an illegal road leadership for a Ukrainian metal dealer, who destroys them soon. (Understand it: all were stolen from Hungaria AF.) I wish to claim a memory with these few photos the 67 pieces MiG-21, 5 pieces Su-22 and 3 pieces MiG-23, for the bygone Hungarian Airforce.

Last edited:
These photos were taken Taszár AFB:

Airplane neutralisation Kecskemét AFB:

Airplane al carrying a load from Pápa AFB into Germany:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back