How good is the Israeli military? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt, why the sarcastic tone? I own a Bushy with a 20" barrel and an SA58.

I have shot hundreds of rounds out of the 16" barreled Bushmaster carbine belonging to my brother. If you have fired a rifle chambered in .223, you would understand that the recoil is quite minimal.

Any of you guys with military service can attest to this.

I'm not sure what your video is supposed to prove.

I read an article somewhere few years ago about some war games between IAF and US Navy. The article said US navy fliers got spanked something like 80+ to 4.
Don't remember exactly the numbers.

I believe you are talking about the Indian Airforce not the Isreali Airforce.

FBJ will probably post his info about it and you will understand...

Thank you Sir. :D

The war games with Indian Air force was just last year. I know the details, was one to three for the Indians and there was no AIM 120's on the F-15's and no AWACS. It is highly unlikely you would meet the USAF in combat in those conditions.:lol:

The one I'm talking about was 4-6 years ago. Maybe more. I know there were F-18's involved on the US Navy side.

Here is something i found that mentions this:

: Sep. 22, 2003 | THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

: "Israeli air force pilots handily beat their German counterparts in "dogfights" in the first ever air force exercise between the two countries, an Israeli military official said Monday.
The Israeli F-15 pilots, aided by special technology that Israel does not share or sell to other countries, beat the Germans by more than 100 "hits," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
In the past, Israel has beaten American air force pilots by similar margins, the officials added.
: Israel purchases U.S. warplanes without battle technology, installing its own locally made systems into the aircraft.
The exercise was conducted over the past two weeks in the skies of Sardinia in Italy."

Jaws said:
Here is something i found that mentions this:

: Sep. 22, 2003 | THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

: "Israeli air force pilots handily beat their German counterparts in "dogfights" in the first ever air force exercise between the two countries, an Israeli military official said Monday.
The Israeli F-15 pilots, aided by special technology that Israel does not share or sell to other countries, beat the Germans by more than 100 "hits," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
In the past, Israel has beaten American air force pilots by similar margins, the officials added.
: Israel purchases U.S. warplanes without battle technology, installing its own locally made systems into the aircraft.
The exercise was conducted over the past two weeks in the skies of Sardinia in Italy."

Hmm intersting did not know that. Its know wonder though that they beat the Luftwaffe pilots because they are using Tornados. Would love to see that same battle with the new Luftwaffe Typhoons and then the US F-22s instead of F-18s.

Well however good they are they are getting spanked by the Hezbollah losing armour, naval and air assets I believe the only reason the UN was successful with the cease fire was that Israel was caught between a rock and a hard place in Lebanon casualties were becoming high plus the expense of the war left the Israelis in a no win situation so what better then to have the UN come in and pay for there defense. Yes they could've cruised on to Beruit but the rear areas would've been hard to maintain. Believe it or not the IDF has sustained far more casualties then the Israeli public .

Hold on on second. I think Hezbollah are the ones getting spanked. And the only reason they wanted a cease-fire is because the UN is weak. They go against Israel and I believe Israel has a right to defend themselves from these bastards.

P38 Pilot said:
Hold on on second. I think Hezbollah are the ones getting spanked. And the only reason they wanted a cease-fire is because the UN is weak. They go against Israel and I believe Israel has a right to defend themselves from these bastards.
Yes Israel has the right to recover its prisoners but Israel is taking much heavier military casualties then they anticipated they have lost an Apache and a least 5 Merkeva Tanks not including thin skinned vehicles they are finding it tougher sledding then planned

Jaws said:
I read an article somewhere few years ago about some war games between IAF and US Navy. The article said US navy fliers got spanked something like 80+ to 4.
Don't remember exactly the numbers.
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
I believe you are talking about the Indian Airforce not the Isreali Airforce.

FBJ will probably post his info about it and you will understand...

Cope India - http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/modern/cope-india-2004-a-2673.html?highlight=cope+india

pbfoot Hezbollah are not the poor victims here as you make them out to be. They instigated it and they deserve what they are getting. As for the civilians in Lebanon, yes I think that is tragic however the Lebanese government has ties to Hezbollah and the Lebanese people support Hezbollah, therefore they are a part of Hezbollah in my opinion. Lebanon could have kicked Hezbollah out. By allowing Hezbollah to fire missiles at Israeli civilians (yes Isreali civilians are getting killed as well. Are Isreali civilians not worth the same as Lebanese civilians, because that is how you make it sound with your pro hezbollah talk), Lebanon supports Hezbollah and must be shut down as well...

The great advantage of IDF is their morale - it is a citizen army, they have no other choice thanm fight, with all those "friendly neighbours"...

And Alder, they¨re in combat since 1948, not the 60's...

Please I'm not pro Hezbollah ( but do believe the Palestians are the victims)particularly since the source of their weaponary is Iran and any civvy killed is sad I am simply stating that the IDF is have a much tougher go then they anticipated .

I only partly agree that the Lebanese are being victimized here. Yes, Syria and Iran are using Lebanon for their proxy war, BUT, the UN resolutions called for the Syrian Army to be at the border in the first place, which they were not. If they had been, they could have stopped the incursion and the rockets. By turning a blind eye and not following UN resolutions, the government of Lebanon has been at least an accessory to Hezbollah. Civilians on both sides are being killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back