How good is the Israeli military? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P38 Pilot said:
Heard that if she does become pres. she is going to pull us out of Iraq which will be a huge mistake...

You may not hear about it in the news but this administration is allready talking about it as well. Keep watching the news and you are going to see a large troop reduction to start it off.

*wonders* Have they asked the soldiers what they think about whether we should stay or leave Iraq.

My opinion: I think we should stay. They started it yes, but we stood to the challange. However, the challange isn't over yet. there is still a terrorist presence and we need to find it. If we pull out now it'll just show the world that america can't follow through on their goals.

but if we get yanked internally which could happen any day now, I'd prefer the US Army/Air Force/Navy, etc. to be home defending our borders than the national Guard or local vigilantes. I'm all for a troop reduction but let the air force test out some new toys, and believe me we have "stuff" we haven't even tried out yet

Chief said:
*wonders* Have they asked the soldiers what they think about whether we should stay or leave Iraq.

My opinion: I think we should stay. They started it yes, but we stood to the challange. However, the challange isn't over yet. there is still a terrorist presence and we need to find it. If we pull out now it'll just show the world that america can't follow through on their goals.

Yes they asked us while we in Iraq and they ask us still now what we think about it now that my unit is not in Iraq at the moment.

Soldiers are like 50-50 on the case but moral is very low on the subject at the moment.

Can't argue with you there.

Pulling the Coalition forces out of Iraq wouldn't be a huge mistake, as long as it's done properly and over an extended period of time. The Coalition has done what it aimed to do, it's set-up a democratic nation and brought down the dictator. The job of the Coalition now is to train the security forces then hand over the security to them.

The numbers should then be reduced. The Coalition should maintain a watching force of around 20,000 for some years - unfortunately most would be U.S troops but it wouldn't be anything close to the current 138,000 (?) U.S troops maintained in Iraq at the moment. A force like that could provide it's own security, and aid the Iraq forces in any attempt of hostile action from outside influences.

You don't have to worry about the withdrawal from Iraq being anything like Vietnam. The Coalition would remove forces from Iraq step by step, handing power to the Iraqi security forces as they go. A Coalition force much smaller than that currently in Iraq will be left behind, that will aid the Iraqi security to the best of their ability. But they will just be an aid, never the main force.

The situation in Vietnam was hasty. The U.S forces withdrew very quickly and removed everything U.S from Vietnamese soil. That left North and South Vietnamese troops facing off against each other in open warfare. There'll be none of that in Iraq. While Vietnam had it's Communist insurgency, there was an army to fight too. An army is something the Islamic extremists in Iraq do not have. They do not have tanks, planes, uniforms or a supply base. They are insurgents, they cannot operate in open warfare, on open ground, with their colours held high like the Vietming could.

but if there's a civil war and there aren't many of our troops to try and keep the peice will other nations join in the fight?

in association with the Iraqui conflict the question has to be propsed by all : can the Iraqui's even be trusted with taking care of thier own personal affairs to allow us to get back home ? I must confess I do not trust any of them ...........to carry a bucket of water over 35 yards to thier home as to placing a roadside bomb to kill our troops

E

I think its going to be ugly the Shitites scrapping with Sunni leaving the Kurds alone to the north will Iran come in openly opening the possibility of a new full blown Cold War

Users who are viewing this thread

Back