Modern War Clips from LesOfPrimus...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That last one was a "whoops, recruiting film is going to be a little late in getting out".

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of guys.

More..

30mm Gattling test fire....
Civilian contractors protecting their asses...
Ambush in Algeria...
Fun, Glorious Fun....

Attachments

• 30mmgattlingtestfire.wmv
    3.7 MB · Views: 109
  • attackapproachingcars.wmv
    4.8 MB · Views: 143
  • algeria-mountain-ambush.wmv
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
  • Auto Weaps Show 2005.wmv
    7.1 MB · Views: 104
The last one. Only in America. I love it. And what was the machine gun that had a deep 200-300RPM rate that you can hear. Sounded like a .50cal or perhaps bigger.

What's wrong with that? I let my youngest boy shoot a .22 with proper eye and ear protection. What's wrong with a similarly safe situation with a machine gun. Would you let your daughter strap in and ride in your lap to fly a warbird??

Remember Track, there isn't an indoctrination that goes along with enjoying firearms in the US.

MOre...

Checkpoint car bomb goes off
Coast Guard Cutter slams into a boat
HVAR vs. Tank
IED goes off too close for comfort
Another IED almost gets cameraman
Amphibious Helo NOT...

Attachments

• 00Check Point CarBomb.wmv
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
  • 00Coast Guard Collision.wmv
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
  • 00Aviation - HVAR vs Tank.mpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
  • IED gets foot soldiers.wmv
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • IED goes off on cameraman.wmv
    2.5 MB · Views: 138
  • Helo goes down.mpeg
    7 MB · Views: 149
Nice collection Les. There is a nice vid about sniping Taliban snipers with a .50 out there. I have lost my link, but its now on YouTube. Reach out and touch somebody.....get a Barrett. :)

What's wrong with that? I let my youngest boy shoot a .22 with proper eye and ear protection. What's wrong with a similarly safe situation with a machine gun. Would you let your daughter strap in and ride in your lap to fly a warbird??

Remember Track, there isn't an indoctrination that goes along with enjoying firearms in the US.

I would not let my child sit on my lap in a plane Shes 32 :cry:

I would not let my child sit on my lap in a plane Shes 32 :cry:

It's all a matter of perspective Trackend - and I respect yours .. my kids and grandkids started firearm indoctrination at six. I have too many for them to be a suprise and they learn 'safeing' a pistol, rifle and shotgun early.

every one they see is 'loaded' until they prove otherwise and I built cut down stocks for rifles and shotguns.

Judgement is a longer path.

Until I could no longer pass my physical my kids were with me in the right seat learning the fundamentals - my oldest daughter got her solo a year before both of my sons and she flys better than both.

She has more raw talent than I do

Hello drgondog,

Personally I think that teaching a six year old kid on how to handle firearms is actually overestimating the situation entirely. No matter how well one might teach them, they are still kids, and when the hour or day comes they will also use and act with these weapons like a kid, especially if they are by themselves, don't you think so?

So I think it is more about safekeeping the weapons on behalf of the adults. To avoid a 9 year old kid wavering his BB gun in front of my father's face on his porch.

Regards
Kruska

Hello drgondog,

Personally I think that teaching a six year old kid on how to handle firearms is actually overestimating the situation entirely. No matter how well one might teach them, they are still kids, and when the hour or day comes they will also use and act with these weapons like a kid, especially if they are by themselves, don't you think so?

So I think it is more about safekeeping the weapons on behalf of the adults. To avoid a 9 year old kid wavering his BB gun in front of my father's face on his porch.

Regards
Kruska

You are correct. When I was 8 years old I was goofing around with a friend in his parent's bedroom and he found his dad's pistol under the bed - and playing 'cowboys and indians' he pointed at me and pulled the trigger - and missed as I dove to one side. Scared both of us 'shi%ess'. He didn't know it was 'loaded'. I never forgot.

My sole purpose is to acquaint them with two facts - that any rifle, shotgun or pistol in my home is 'loaded and therefore dangerous' when only one(in my home) is in fact in that condition, and the second point is that there is fearsome power at the other end of that 'tool'. The tomato can illustration with both pistol and shotgun is part of the visual with me making the shot.

They don't actually start shooting until they are about 8 when the cut down stock on an old Remington 514 bolt action .22 rifle fits them well enough to shoulder properly.. They are taught to load it with the rifle on a benchrest and pointed downrange

They get to go to the range with me and I let them load each firearm I shoot... and they get to 'unload' and check the chamber of every pistol when I finish. I have three 'little people' shooting ear 'muffs'

They quickly learn to keep barrels pointed down at all times with fingers out of trigger guard as first lesson. If they forget, they are in immediate 'time out'

While they know that they are NEVER to touch one without my permission, I give them permission frequently so they are not (theoretically) tempted on their own. I have locked cabinet guncases as well as safe's but all they have to do is ask and we will go through the process.

One of the reasons the I switched from 1911A1 to 870 pump for bedroom is that it is far more awkward for a young kid to even handle the shotgun - and I put the 45 in the safe. The chamber is open and it is 'safed'.. just have to pump it forward while taking it off safety - lose maybe one second.

While they know that they are NEVER to touch one without my permission....

Yes well, I was about seven when I tried to impress my girlfriend and took out my father's hunting rifle from his cupboard after breaking the lock with a screwdriver, sporting it out of the bedroom window and targeting our neighbor as he walked by.

After he yelled all kinds of words at me (making my dearest laugh at me), I put it down and took my father's M1911 out of the bedroom drawer and pointed it at her, telling her to stop laughing at me, luckily the 45 was so dam heavy I had to use both hands to balance it and my fingers couldn't reach the trigger – even though I tried very hard – luckily she stoped laughing and ran away. That evening I got the bashing of the month from my old man.

Many years later when I was about 20 he actually apologized to me for not having me taught earlier about guns and not having stowed and locked them away secure enough. So I think you are doing a good job at this, and as I forward earlier – just make sure a fellow like me can't open the locker. :) and those buggers are smarter nowadays then us.

Regards
Kruska

Users who are viewing this thread

Back