A New Cold War?

Are we on the brink of another Cold War?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whatever, Kruska. Keep 'em coming. You're winning hearts and minds over here.

Geeeh thanks,

I knew that soner or later I would get through to you :)

Regards
Kruska

With all respect to your country and your national pride, you forgot the 35 Billion Euro that your country has received so far from the West, in order to survive until today

You mean loans from IMF etc? I thought they've been payed off by now.

And I honestly, have no idea where all those money gone. Sorry, I didnt see them. A bunch of crooks ruled the country for some time before Putin came. Now, they call themselves "Liberal Opposition". Did you give them 35bln? Oh my God!

You mean loans from IMF etc? I thought they've been payed off by now.

And I honestly, have no idea where all those money gone. Sorry, I didnt see them. A bunch of crooks ruled the country for some time before Putin came. Now, they call themselves "Liberal Opposition". Did you give them 35bln? Oh my God!

Nope, this money was given to a guy who introduced himself as Putin, most of it from Germany after his "retorical highclass speech" at the German Parliament. Most of the Putin loans, and all of the Gorbatchow and Jeltzin Loans have been "cancelled" by Germany in order to help your country to survive past the year 2005. The remaining sum is paid of through gas and oil supplies to Germany, since Russia recieved this amount from Germany and not via IMF or other countries.

The total sum which Russia has received overall from IMF and other Western countries is far more then 35 Billion Euros.

But don't worry your government knows about this and its obligation despite sometimes flexing the Bears toes. :)

Regards
Kruska

Hello stasoid,

With all respect to your country and your national pride, you forgot the 35 Billion Euro that your country has received so far from the West, in order to survive until today.

Regards
Kruska

kurska, the russia is a rich country in natural resources. the only thing they need to import is tin, can you believe ?

besides the bear is punched, or the bear is strong, or the bear is angry, or the bear is happy, or the bear is bored, lets be francs: theres nothing better than a kaipriroska(vodca´s caipirinha) in a sunny day !

the russians dont want to re-conquest the former republics, they still the major country in landing area. what they want is make more babies and grow their economy, and i grant you the 35 bilion euros was a great investment, because sooner russia will be a consumer market that any kind of multinational that self-proclaims "world leader" must be inside.

but they have that huge army, huge, navy and also huge air force, and for geo-strategical motivations and also by their largest territory, they wont dismiss. and obvious, the western analists, would be yet terrified by an eventual nuclear strike, for a long time.

and russia will also claim the dismiss of missile bases nearby their frontiers for a long time. but since one is affraid of another, world can sleep safe !

like was said before in this forum: the comming generetions will gradually forget all this cold war BS, and goes to what really matters: sunny days and kaipiroskas !

:lol:

also remember, russian shown they can be so evil than us !

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjnHMx3KaBo

...and people says "russia is not capitalist, not free society"...

ha ! they have crappy pop music ! of course they are capitalist ! would you say to ma a capitalist country that havent your culture in danger by crap music stupid tv shows and A.H. comercial movies ? of course they are. they ears bleed like ours !

regards !

Nope, this money was given to a guy who introduced himself as Putin, most of it from Germany after his "retorical highclass speech" at the German Parliament.

Then you have nothing to worry about. The debt will be returned in time with the interest on top. :D

I didnt realise Russia is still a foreign aid recepient. Bad for me. Thanks for the info.

for the russian friends of forum:

could you xplain what happends in this video ?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZbRFmi738E

:lol:

I think that happend in Germany last year. There's a one of those radical national-bolsevik party activists delivering the leaflets around. Putin asks him in Russian and German:
"young man, please give us one of the leaflets you have in your hand. You've made what you intended to do so please leave us alone now, let me answer the question first" etc.

check this one, this is a truly masterpice :) :) :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXtb1eXohUg

Nope, this money was given to a guy who introduced himself as Putin, most of it from Germany after his "retorical highclass speech" at the German Parliament. Most of the Putin loans, and all of the Gorbatchow and Jeltzin Loans have been "cancelled" by Germany in order to help your country to survive past the year 2005.

from 114 billion dollars of debt by 1 jan 2005 30 billion were "cancelled" in the same year. I believe rest was repayed (up to some 40 billions of debt by now)

from 114 billion dollars of debt by 1 jan 2005 30 billion were "cancelled" in the same year. I believe rest was repayed (up to some 40 billions of debt by now)

Hello Ramirezzz,

Yes, you are correct on that. Of the remaining 40 Billion $ about 8 Billion Euro are still open in regards to Germany. However Russia and Germany are settling this debt through counterbalancing Oil and Gas supplies, whereas Putin gave us a very good deal on it.

Hopefully the Georgian dispute does not affect our countries relationship too much. Putin should have either never started that attack, or he should have overrun this place within a weekend and make it a fact. Just as the US and UK handled the Iraq case in 2003.

NATO the UN and the US will be whining away at this "occurrence" for a couple of weeks and resume business relations soon afterwards unless the US and some NATO followers try to use it as a suitable excuse to play moral apostle in order to keep Russia down. But usually the $$ prevails.

Regards
Kruska

Hopefully the Georgian dispute does not affect our countries relationship too much.
I hope so . Until now Germany had took rather moderate position and did not immediately join the choir of Western hardliners critisizing the Russia's actions in Georgia, even when some hard statements were been made during the Medvedev vs Merkel conversation.

NATO the UN and the US will be whining away at this "occurrence" for a couple of weeks and resume business relations soon afterwards unless the US and some NATO followers try to use it as a suitable excuse to play moral apostle in order to keep Russia down. But usually the $$ prevails.

Regards
Kruska

I have the very same thoughts. In the next two or tree weeks the NATO will let the steam off cancelling some joint military excersises etc but in the end
the pragmatic aspects will prevail. West still needs Russia and Russia needs West neverthless.

Well here goes Russia threatening its former friends again...

Russia: Poland risks attack because of US missiles

By JIM HEINTZ, Associated Press Writer

MOSCOW - A top Russian general said Friday that Poland's agreement to accept a U.S. missile interceptor base exposes the ex-communist nation to attack, possibly by nuclear weapons, the Interfax news agency reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

The statement by Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn is the strongest threat that Russia has issued against the plans to put missile defense elements in former Soviet satellite nations.

Poland and the United States on Thursday signed a deal for Poland to accept a missile interceptor base as part of a system the United States says is aimed at blocking attacks by rogue nations. Moscow, however, feels it is aimed at Russia's missile force.

"Poland, by deploying (the system) is exposing itself to a strike — 100 percent," Nogovitsyn, the deputy chief of staff, was quoted as saying.

He added, in clear reference to the agreement, that Russia's military doctrine sanctions the use of nuclear weapons "against the allies of countries having nuclear weapons if they in some way help them." Nogovitsyn that would include elements of strategic deterrence systems, he said, according to Interfax.

At a news conference earlier Friday, Nogovitsyn had reiterated Russia's frequently stated warning that placing missile-defense elements in Poland and the Czech Republic would bring an unspecified military response. But his subsequent reported statement substantially stepped up a war of words.

Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski was quoted Friday by the Polish news agency PAP as saying that Poland is open to Russian inspections because it wants to give Moscow "tangible proof" that the planned base is not directed against Russia.

U.S. officials have said the timing of the deal was not meant to antagonize Russian leaders at a time when relations already are strained over the recent fighting between Russia and Georgia over the separatist Georgian region of South Ossetia.

Russian forces went deep into Georgia in the fighting, raising wide concerns that Russia could be seeking to occupy parts of its small, pro-U.S. neighbor, which has vigorously lobbied to join NATO, or even to force its government to collapse.

"I think the Russian behavior over the last several days is generally concerning not only to the United States but to all of our European allies," said Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman, when asked about Russian threats against Poland as a result of the missile defense agreement.

He also suggested that earlier U.S. offers for broad cooperation with Moscow on the missile defense program may be reevaluated considering the latest developments.

Under the agreement that Warsaw and Washington reached Thursday, Poland will accept an American missile interceptor base.

Washington says the planned system, which is not yet operational, is needed to protect the U.S. and Europe from possible attacks by missile-armed "rogue states" like Iran. The Kremlin, however, feels it is aimed at Russia's missile force and warns it will worsen tensions.

In an interview on Poland's news channel TVN24, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said the United States agreed to help augment Poland's defenses with Patriot missiles in exchange for placing 10 missile defense interceptors in the Eastern European country.

He said the deal also includes a "mutual commitment" between the two nations to come to each other's assistance "in case of trouble."

That clause appeared to be a direct reference to Russia.

Poland has all along been guided by fears of a newly resurgent Russia, an anxiety that has intensified with Russia's offensive in Georgia. In past days, Polish leaders said that fighting justified Poland's demands that it get additional security guarantees from Washington in exchange for allowing the anti-missile base on its soil.

"Simply the existence of this installation increases Poland's security," Polish President Lech Kaczynski said Friday.

Russia: Poland risks attack because of US missiles - Yahoo! News

I for one I hope the situation won't "worm up" because we are right next to Ukraine and our army its not in such a good shape...but I don't think that Russians are stupid enough to risk a conflict with the West and if they are then God help us all...

Well here goes Russia threatening its former friends again...

Russia: Poland risks attack because of US missiles

By JIM HEINTZ, Associated Press Writer

MOSCOW - A top Russian general said Friday that Poland's agreement to accept a U.S. missile interceptor base exposes the ex-communist nation to attack, possibly by nuclear weapons, the Interfax news agency reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

The statement by Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn is the strongest threat that Russia has issued against the plans to put missile defense elements in former Soviet satellite nations.

Poland and the United States on Thursday signed a deal for Poland to accept a missile interceptor base as part of a system the United States says is aimed at blocking attacks by rogue nations. Moscow, however, feels it is aimed at Russia's missile force.

"Poland, by deploying (the system) is exposing itself to a strike — 100 percent," Nogovitsyn, the deputy chief of staff, was quoted as saying.

He added, in clear reference to the agreement, that Russia's military doctrine sanctions the use of nuclear weapons "against the allies of countries having nuclear weapons if they in some way help them." Nogovitsyn that would include elements of strategic deterrence systems, he said, according to Interfax.

At a news conference earlier Friday, Nogovitsyn had reiterated Russia's frequently stated warning that placing missile-defense elements in Poland and the Czech Republic would bring an unspecified military response. But his subsequent reported statement substantially stepped up a war of words.

Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski was quoted Friday by the Polish news agency PAP as saying that Poland is open to Russian inspections because it wants to give Moscow "tangible proof" that the planned base is not directed against Russia.

U.S. officials have said the timing of the deal was not meant to antagonize Russian leaders at a time when relations already are strained over the recent fighting between Russia and Georgia over the separatist Georgian region of South Ossetia.

Russian forces went deep into Georgia in the fighting, raising wide concerns that Russia could be seeking to occupy parts of its small, pro-U.S. neighbor, which has vigorously lobbied to join NATO, or even to force its government to collapse.

"I think the Russian behavior over the last several days is generally concerning not only to the United States but to all of our European allies," said Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman, when asked about Russian threats against Poland as a result of the missile defense agreement.

He also suggested that earlier U.S. offers for broad cooperation with Moscow on the missile defense program may be reevaluated considering the latest developments.

Under the agreement that Warsaw and Washington reached Thursday, Poland will accept an American missile interceptor base.

Washington says the planned system, which is not yet operational, is needed to protect the U.S. and Europe from possible attacks by missile-armed "rogue states" like Iran. The Kremlin, however, feels it is aimed at Russia's missile force and warns it will worsen tensions.

In an interview on Poland's news channel TVN24, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said the United States agreed to help augment Poland's defenses with Patriot missiles in exchange for placing 10 missile defense interceptors in the Eastern European country.

He said the deal also includes a "mutual commitment" between the two nations to come to each other's assistance "in case of trouble."

That clause appeared to be a direct reference to Russia.

Poland has all along been guided by fears of a newly resurgent Russia, an anxiety that has intensified with Russia's offensive in Georgia. In past days, Polish leaders said that fighting justified Poland's demands that it get additional security guarantees from Washington in exchange for allowing the anti-missile base on its soil.

"Simply the existence of this installation increases Poland's security," Polish President Lech Kaczynski said Friday.

Russia: Poland risks attack because of US missiles - Yahoo! News

its very true that poland is one of former iron curtain countries that have the most anti-russian positions. maybe because the 2 soviet invasions of poland in ww2 and also the decades behind the iron curtain. also the struggle of lech vallessa against comunist dictatureship.

but the position that poland is taking could be too much radical, since they are in the middle way of east and west. they should have a more moderate policy, to unify both sides.

but usa says: 'the planned system, which is not yet operational, is needed to protect the U.S. and Europe from possible attacks by missile-armed "rogue states" like Iran", however was proved that iran havent missile technology to reach europa or usa. also they hadnt nuclear devices.

whats the simplified conclusion of russians ? its is for them. since poland signs this treaty at the same time that is strongly issuing russia for the conflict in georgia...

well it's quite simple that if Russia considers the existence of the anti missile system in Eastern Europe as a threat to its national security than it will declare those as a legitimate targets in a possible global war. They told so hundred times.
Actually this is rather a symbolic gesture to Russians. A reaiming of missiles takes some 8 or 9 minuites. So it doesn't really matter which targets the missiles are aiming at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back