New US Ambassador Caroline Kennedy arrives at Japan! (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for your kind and getting-to-the-point comments as always, David :)

Frankly, our people's impression about her was worst in January when she unexpectedly blamed our fishery but, as long as she stays in promotion of exchange students or women's issues or visiting local cities for friendship, things are going as if nothing happened though, If I should be allowed to comment at this timing of 8 months after her arrival, some people are still skeptical about her nature for political and diplomatic issues. I think she and we are learning each other month by month.

Shinpachi, I wanted to let you know that I have recently become hooked on NHK News here in the USA. They have alot of Japanese shows and interesting stories about Japanese culture. I love it.

They recently did a story on how they make butsudan for households. Amazing all the work that goes into the manufacture of one.

Thank you for your kind comments again, David and Chris!

I don't watch NHK as it looked like a puppet, which had no its own analysis, of our government a few years ago but agree the NHK World is enjoyable even for us to understand ourselves :)
Thanks.

Thanks for your kind comment about NHK, Chris. :)
It's interesting as I had no chance to know how it was accepted in the U.S.

Last edited:
One more news from Nagasaki.

On August 8, daughter of late Lt. Colonel Victor E. Delnore, Commander of the Allied Occupation Forces in Nagasaki who greatly contributed to rebuilding the city, Patricia visited the city to join a commemoration for her father prior to the memorial ceremony on the next day. She was born in Nagasaki during her father's mission.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64aQk3PBftQ

Video file: View attachment 79_Victor Delnore.mp4

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind comments, David and GG :)

I think she is learning Japanese day by day as her pronunciation for "Arigato" sounds better and natural.

On October 15, Caroline joined the 26th Praemium Imperiale Prize Ceremony.

As some might know well, the Nobel Prize does not cover these five arts of Painting, Sculpture, Architecture, Music and Film/Theater. The Praemium Imperiale was founded to cover these fields according to the last wishes of Prince Takamatsu (1905-1987), younger brother of Emperor Hirohito, in 1989 and this is the internationally acknowledged official prize.

Laureates this year,
Martial Raysse (France) for Painting, Giuseppe Penone (Italy) for Sculpture, Steven Holl (USA) for Architecture, Arvo Pärt (Estonia) for Music and Athol Fugard (South Africa) for Film/Theater.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SK5Uf2V-sc

Video file: View attachment 83_26th_Praemium Imperiale(14_10_16)_1.mp4

lif1410150053-p1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back