Rock im Park 2007

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Well Rock im Park 2007 is now only 25 days away.

As you know I have been talking about this festival quite a bit. For those that are not sure what it is. It is a 3 day 80 to 90 band festival that takes place in Nurnberg, Germany about 30 minutes from where I live. I go this festival every year.

All genres of Rock Music are represented at this festival. It is not just Heavy Metal or Alternative. The festival is a lot of fun because you have tens of thousands of people all camping out in this large camping area and enjoying music together.

I am not too impressed with the headliners this year but it is still going to be a lot of fun as it is every year. I posted this thread to eventually post pics of that I take at the festival and to just talk about music.

Here is the line up and some vids of the bands that I am looking foward to seeing.

Die Ärzte
Aiden
Arctic Monkeys
As I Lay Dying MySpace Videos: music video by Digging-Ditches
Beatsteaks
Billy Talent MySpace Videos: Billy Talent by Pink_girly
Bloodsimple MySpace Videos: Bloodsimple: Straight Hate by Jeffrøinø [i am the law]
Bowling For Soup
Breed 77
The Cat Empire
Charlotte Hatherley
Chimaira MySpace Videos: Nothing Remains - Chimaira by KRåzy canaÐian kid
Colbie Caillat
The Cribs
DevilDriver MySpace Videos: Devil driver - i could care less by nemesis
Disco Ensemble
Down Below
DragonForce MySpace Videos: Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames by Aaron
Enter Shikari
Evanescence MySpace Videos: Evanescence// Lithium by Jose Daniel
Fair To Midland
Finley
The Fratellis
From Autumn To Ashes MySpace Videos: from autumn to ashes by Devon
Funeral For A Friend MySpace Videos: Funeral For A Friend - Juneau by Saulo
The Gallows
Ghosts
Gogol Bordello
Good Charlotte
Groove Armada
Head Automatica
The Higher
Hinder
The Hives
In This Moment
Jan Delay Disko No. 1
Kaiser Chiefs
Kilians
Killswitch Engage MySpace Videos: Killswitch Engage - My Curse by kory
The Kooks
Korn MySpace Videos: Korn - Blind - Live by J.
Lamb Of God MySpace Videos: Laid To Rest by Nameless Angel
Lez Zeppelin
Linkin Park MySpace Videos: LINKIN PARK... 'numb' by DEMO *N* PRINCESS
Little Man Tate
The Long Blondes (nur Rock im Park)
Lost Alone
Machine Head MySpace Videos: Machine Head - Imperium by Tushka = Warrior
Mando Diao
Maximo Park
McQueen
Megadeth MySpace Videos: Megadeth by Philip
MIA.
Mr Hudson The Library
Muse
My Baby Wants To Eat Your ***** (nur Rock am Ring)
My Chemical Romance
Nail (nur Rock im Park)
Ohrbooten
One Fine Day
Paolo Nutini
Papa Roach MySpace Videos: Scars by -JB Runner-
Paramore
Peachbox (nur Rock am Ring)
The Pigeon Detectives
Pohlmann
Pristine (nur Rock am Ring)
Rafael Weber
Razorlight
Revolverheld
Saosin
Scissor Sisters
Silverstein
Slayer MySpace Videos: Slayer - War Ensamble by FER
The Smashing Pumpkins MySpace Videos: Smashing Pumpkins- Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Nathan
Smoke Blow
The Sounds
Stone Sour MySpace Videos: stone sour - inhale by pink crayons
Sugarplum Fairy
Sunrise Avenue
Tele
30 Seconds To Mars
Travis
Turbostaat
12Hoursgone (nur Rock im Park)
Type O Negative MySpace Videos: Type O Negative by Mihaela
Under The Influence Of Giants
The Used
Velvet Revolver MySpace Videos: I Fall to Pieces by Michael
The White Stripes
Wir Sind Helden
Wolfmother
Zoot Woman

And here is quick look at some of the high lights of the past RIPs.

1993: u.a. Def Leppard, INXS, Faith No More, The Silencers, Brian May, Leonard Cohen, Ugly Kid Joe, Heroes Del Silencio

1994: u.a. Aerosmith, Peter Gabriel, Crowded House, The Hooters, Clawfinger, Rage Against the Machine, Paradise Lost, Nina Hagen, Extreme

1995: u.a. Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Bad Religion, Megadeth, Otto, Pretenders, Del Amitri, Dave Matthews Band, Weezer, Faith No More

1996: u.a. Mike and the Mechanics, Herbert Grönemeyer, Die Toten Hosen, Bryan Adams, Héroes del Silencio, K's Choice

1997: u.a. KISS, Aerosmith, Die Ärzte, Bush, The Fugees, Supertramp

1998: u.a. Genesis, Bob Dylan, Rammstein, Ozzy Osbourne, Clawfinger, J.B.O., Fear Factory, Van Halen

1999: u.a. Metallica, Alanis Morissette, Bryan Adams, Skunk Anansie, Robbie Williams, Heather Nova, Amanda Marshall

2000: u.a. Sting, Santana, Die Toten Hosen, Rage Against The Machine, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Slipknot, Deftones

2001: u.a. Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Alanis Morissette, HIM, Travis, Radiohead, A-Ha, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Samy Deluxe, Anastacia, Papa Roach, Tool, H-Blockx, Godsmack, The Hives

2002: u.a. Ozzy Osbourne, Lenny Kravitz, Neil Young, Macy Gray, Farin Urlaub, Such A Surge, Jamiroquai, System of a Down

2003: u.a. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Placebo, Dave Gahan, Moby, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Deftones, Queens Of The Stone Age, Reamonn, Absolute Beginner, Murderdolls, Zwan, The Cardigans, Apocalyptica, The Hellacopters, The Hives

2004: u.a. Die Toten Hosen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Judas Priest, Korn, Faithless, Avril Lavigne, Motörhead, Machine Head, Dick Brave, Nickelback, Hoobastank, 3 Doors Down, Ektomorf, Mnemic, In Flames, Anthrax, Edguy, Killswitch Engage, Static-X, Chimaira, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Sportfreunde Stiller, Wir sind Helden, The Rasmus, Evanescence, Lambretta, The Beatsteaks

2005: u.a. Iron Maiden, R.E.M., Green Day, Marilyn Manson, Dir en grey, Maroon 5, Billy Idol, Kagerou, Mudvayne, Slipknot, In Flames

2006: Alice In Chains, Art Brut, Babyshambles, Bela B. y Los Helmstedt, Bullet For My Valentine, Bushido, Deftones, Depeche Mode, The Dresden Dolls, Dir en grey, Dredg, Editors, Franz Ferdinand, In Flames, Jamiroquai, Kaiser Chiefs, Korn, Metallica, Morrissey, Napoleon, Nelly Furtado, Opeth, Paul Weller, Pharrell Williams, Placebo, Soulfly, Sportfreunde Stiller, Stone Sour, The Streets, Tomte, Tool, Trivium, Turbonegro, Avenged Sevenfold, Disco Ensemble, Earthbend u.v.a.

Yeah but the only thing I am not impressed with is the headliners.

Friday nights headliner on the main stage is Die Artze a Germany band that I dont care for. I let them have it though because it is a German festival.

Saturday nights headliner is Linkin Park. I am not a Linkin Park fan. I dont think they are headliner quality either. Co-headliner maybe but not headliner. I am looking foward to there show because I think it will be a good time and a good party atmosphere though.

Sunday nights headliner is Smashing Pumpkins, they are a great band but after being away for so long, I too believe they do not deserve to be in the headliner slot.

This year there are headliner bands missing such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc...

At the same time I dont want Metallica and Iron Maiden to be there everyear because then it would get kind of old.

I guess though Megadeth will be my headliner Friday night. They play at 1 in the morning in the Arena.

Quite an impressive list, something for everybody here. Would also be quite a good opportunity to throw stuff at the Arctic Monkeys - the amount of fawning that goes on towards them is quite pathetic

Yes I am certainly looking foward to it again. Will be a great show as usual. Get to hang out with friends in the camping area grilling up BBQ ribs and steaks, listening to music on the CD player and drinking beer and then heading off to the stages every day.

I have been to festivals in Europe and the US before and I have to say I like the European festivals the most. Most of the US festivals are geared to one genre of music and most of the European festivals are mixed genres (Rock im Park is all kinds of Rock rather than just one kind). That is what I like about them, you get all sorts of people coming to the festivals.

Plus security and the police dont care when the girls run around Topless all over the place! That is a plus.

Allright guys well I got back today. Spent most of the day napping because 5 days of Rock N Roll and beer wore me out.

I will give a long post briefing up on the event tomorrow when I have recovered more (my voice is still completely gone since the Slayer Concert).

For the most part the festival was great. There was some problems with young hooligans causing problems Sunday Night setting fires to things but most of all everything went well.

Pics to come in the next few days as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back