Military Members post pics of you in your uniforms.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's a pic of me, I'll have to try and find one of me in my cams.

Attachments

• me1_134.jpg
    me1_134.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 727
  • 12987898_313.jpg
    12987898_313.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 710
Ok so ive posted them before but here I am in my greens. Tomorrow I have my drill exam, if I pass I get my blues and my beret, and will be part of the squadron at last! 8)

Attachments

• atc2_788.jpg
    atc2_788.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 679
  • atc4_162.jpg
    atc4_162.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 677
Great pics guys. Wildcat, I really dig that hat!:thumbleft: No foolin'. I wonder how I can get hold of one. :-k
It looks like the Australian and Canadian armies still use the same artillery hat badge. Based on the British one of course.

Nice stuff guys! CC - you need a cover!

Wildcat - do you ever do any target work with the Kalkara Drone?

FLYBOYJ said:
Wildcat - do you ever do any target work with the Kalkara Drone?

No mate, We always used a Lear jet towing a target on a 5Km long cable. The RAAF and RAN mainly use the Kalkara.

Since everyone commented on my hat, I took some close up shots (sorry about the crappy quality). The Australian Slouch Hat (or Hat, Khaki Fur Felt in Army lingo) has been worn by Aussie Diggers into battle since the Boer War. Many preferring to wear this over helmuts, especially in areas of hot climate. Apparently the Slouch Hat was the only piece of uniform that didn't disintergrate in the tough jungle conditions of New Guinea in WWII!

The left side of the hat is turned up only when wearing cerimonial uniform or for a cerimonial parade. For everyday use the brim is worn down flat (If it's not flat and straight enough you'll soon be told by the nearest NCO!!) as in my picture above. The chin strap in worn strictly on the end of the chin, unlike how I'm wearing it, or that bastard NCO will again be tearing strips of you! The band around the hat is called a "Puggaree" and each line represents the states in Australia.

Attachments

• slouch2_267.jpg
    slouch2_267.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 586
  • slouch_182.jpg
    slouch_182.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 592
cheddar cheese said:
Ok so ive posted them before but here I am in my greens. Tomorrow I have my drill exam, if I pass I get my blues and my beret, and will be part of the squadron at last! 8)

Ah, Combat 95's...gotta love 'em. Initially covered with a showerproof coating that boils off as soon as you iron it!

Having said that, with my limited experience of this sort of thing, I ought to STFU, but your kit seriously needs a good ironing!

As I said I will post my military pics now. The only things I dont have pictures of are of me in my BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform), Class A's (Greens) and my Green Flight Suits. I know I have some somewhere but I dont know where they are.

Attachments

• abdu_s_524.jpg
    abdu_s_524.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 482
  • flightsuit_700.jpg
    flightsuit_700.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 501
  • posing_in_my_happy_gear_that_is_supposed_to_motivate_me__yeah_right__camp_udarie__kuwait_-_feb._9__2
    posing_in_my_happy_gear_that_is_supposed_to_motivate_me__yeah_right__camp_udarie__kuwait_-_feb._9__2
    62.3 KB · Views: 343
  • bluesatmywedding_148.jpg
    bluesatmywedding_148.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 474

Users who are viewing this thread

Back