Are you or have you ever been in the Armed Forces?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medvedya

Master Sergeant
Nov 9, 2004
Bristol, UK
By request, I have set up a thread for people who are, or have been in the military of their country - or someone else's country, if you're a mercenary.

Maybe you're one of those Mercs that tried to take over Equatorial Guniea, if so, we want to hear your story. :lol:

This is all good stuff - loads of serious expertise from all branches!

I've been in uniform myself once, but you don't wanna know about that..... (one year in the TA and a year at ROTC) :lol:

I never was in the army myself. I took some info about pilot training for the Royal Navy, but I decided to don't go in UK when I realised that I didn't had enough money to move over there. :rolleyes:

It was at the end of 2001, beginning of 2002.

Then, when my godfather (who is French (the lone true French of my family)) told me about his past in the French Airborne, I thought about enlisting in the Canadian Airborne, but their equipment sucks ! And I didn't wanted to be assigned to a G*D D*MNED peace keeping mission (you know, the "Blue Helmets"). I'm the kind of who would shoot before geting shot at. That doesn't match with the UN philosophy.

Maestro said:
I thought about enlisting in the Canadian Airborne, but their equipment sucks ! And I didn't wanted to be assigned to a G*D D*MNED peace keeping mission (you know, the "Blue Helmets"). I'm the kind of who would shoot before geting shot at. That doesn't match with the UN philosophy.

You know all about what happened to the boys in Somalia in '92, right? What a friggin' dumb ass move that was, by the brass! Sending the Airborne to do peace keeping! What the hell did they think was going to happen?!

And no bikers... :(

SEAL Team 2 are under questioning over this Iraq war. I hear they were the first to 'abuse' Iraqi prisoners. How can a Special Forces team abuse prisoners...?

Trying to get info and reliable intelligence... I myself have abused Iraqis before.... And Somolis as well....

Nothing like posing them for pictures and whatnot, just physical abuse... I have seen and done some things that were VERY illegal in my time.... Watched a CIA spook cut off 2 fingers from this Iraqi shitbird officer..

That ended up with a weapons cache of around 300 rifles, RPG's, morters, and enough ammo to make a big difference in a certain area... Say what u will, but the above interrogation saved many American and Coalition troops lives, at the cost of a pinky and ringfinger....

BTW, one of the SEALs being prosecuted used to be a pretty good buddy of mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back