French Invasion Of North America? LOL (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

102first_hussars said:
My god do you bleed and bruise just a little when someone says something bad about anything American?

Well guess what? I dont like Bush I think he is an as*hole, I think Kerry won, I dont like Bush but that doesnt mean I hate america.

And you are ignorant because you are still fixsated on one topic and didnt bother to acknowledge this.

And for the record My opinion about canada invading the states, its not even an opinion I listed it as a possibility, and there were alot of other possibilities posted that were bogus.

Whats your point. I dont think the US is the holy land nor the greatest thing since bread and butter. I dont like Bush either. I did not vote for the guy. I think you just post dumb things when they are not needed. So lets make a deal here:

You stop posting dumb and ignorant shit and Ill get off your back!

Nonskimmer said:
I've got a lot of Scottish, English, and German all mixed into this magnificent hodgepodge that is me. :)
I think I might have some Swiss in there too, come to think of it. I'll have to check the ol' family tree. :-k

I may have a tool to help you. That's the website I used to get the info on my family names.

:arrow: http://www.traceit.com/

Type the family name you want in the box, click search, then (on the following page) click on the "More Info" button next to the sentence "The history of (X) family in (Country name)"

However, the site is not perfect... There may be mistakes. For example, my great grand-father's name (the immigrant one) was designated as coming from Poland. But I had a chat with a (Polish) teacher who told me that there were two roots to the Larsen family. One in Poland, and the other in Denmark. The only difference with those two names was the way to pronounce it.

Say, that's pretty nifty. :)
I already know that my family name is German, or rather the Anglicized form of the original German name. My dad and I did a thorough trace of our family history together quite a few years ago. My first German ancestors landed in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia in 1799. The Scottish ones arrived around twentyish years before, I can't remember exactly when offhand.

Christ almighty! When I input the present-day Anglicized spelling of my surname into that tool that Maestro linked to, it comes up with France! :shock:
Not bloody likely! Fortunately, when I input the original German spelling, it comes up with the proper answer...Germany. :)
I've long known for a fact that's where they came from. The spelling was changed about a hundred and sixty years ago or so.

Jesus, that was close! Just about gave me a friggin' heart attack! :rolleyes:

I typed in my mothers maiden name and it came up right with Poland. They were part of the Piontek family from Kracow way back when. They left for Germany long times ago and for the last several hundred years they were no longer Polish but it was correct in the liniage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back