Soldier shot in Ottawa at War Memorial Updated: A Canadian soldier standing guard

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tracker

Senior Airman
Dec 20, 2012
Burlington
As I cannot initiate a new thread in the news category, I am forced to start it here.
Today CANADA lost a corporal, in the reserves, murdered by an extremist in our capital. He was on honor guard at our War Memorial in ceremonial uniform (His weapon was unloaded, as are the US guards at Arlington).
I believe he should receive our country's highest decoration -Guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier with an empty weapon!

Attachments

• B97383616Z.120141022155032000GEJ755CK.11.jpg
    B97383616Z.120141022155032000GEJ755CK.11.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 277
And let's not forget this happens two days after another soldier was killed and a third injured in Montreal by another extremist.

I'm in a rare state of general anger at this whole situation. To think that these bastards can freely walk around in our midst and have the gall to attack our own people and institutions just chokes me up. Our police and security agencies are tracking some 80 individuals in this country who are on a watch list after having been brainwashed by extremists. Round em up, make them squeal on the network that converted them and chuck the lot in the slammer for life. And I mean LIFE.

F!ckin' pricks.

And let's not forget this happens two days after another soldier was killed and a third injured in Montreal by another extremist.

I'm in a rare state of general anger at this whole situation. To think that these bastards can freely walk around in our midst and have the gall to attack our own people and institutions just chokes me up. Our police and security agencies are tracking some 80 individuals in this country who are on a watch list after having been brainwashed by extremists. Round em up, make them squeal on the network that converted them and chuck the lot in the slammer for life. And I mean LIFE.

F!ckin' pricks.

well said Andy.

there is lot of the same feeling here, i am worried that pressure to do something is building and come our next elections too many people will vote for none main stream parties and we end up with lots of far right nutters in parliment !

Have to disagree with you on one aspect Andy……………don't lock'em...........string'em cos they sure as hell don't give their victims a chance.

The Hero of the Day .... the Parliamentary Sergeant at Arms, "Bearer of the Mace". The scene on Parliament Hill, the deceased Cpl Cirillo and his best friend

Attachments

• 8247726223220_low.jpg
    8247726223220_low.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 313
  • ottawa-shooting-3.jpg
    ottawa-shooting-3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 364
  • 1297621084195_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297621084195_ORIGINAL.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 1297621166011_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297621166011_ORIGINAL.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Have to disagree with you on one aspect Andy……………don't lock'em...........string'em cos they sure as hell don't give their victims a chance.

Swift reaction is important, but not at the expense of our laws and values. The death penalty was abolished in Canada in 1976. Nevertheless, there will be plenty of challenges to our civil liberties in the coming days and months, if not years as the balance between freedom and security tips.

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his family and to your nation for the soldiers killed by these douche bags. Maybe they should be beheaded by women and the video sent to the middle east with a warning that women will sent them to hell where they will be molested by 144 infidels endlessly forever.

Day is done C'est la nuit
Gone the sun Tout se tait
From the lake Sur les plaines,
From the hills Les collines,
From the sky Et les bois;
All is well C'est la paix
Safely rest Tout est bien
God is nigh Et Dieu vient.

Attachments

• icon_salute_proper.gif
    icon_salute_proper.gif
    344 bytes · Views: 340
  • canadaC.gif
    canadaC.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
I wish I could say something profound or poetic but I can't, what I can say is we are right behind you as you were with us in time of need. It really is time to stop messing about with this death cult.

Only Churchill's words resonate, do your worst and we will do our best...........

"Land of the Free because of the Brave"

Cpl. Cirillo began his trip home to Hamilton from Ottawa. Thousands of mourners populated the highway to pay honour to this soldier. Attached are a couple of pictures to show the out pouring of sentiment to this fallen soldier.
2014-10-24_183421.png

B0vHU_uIcAA4P1w.jpg

B0vFr78CIAATKsv.jpg

At his home, awaiting THEIR hero!
cirillo_memorial_20141023_topix_34815625.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back