The Second World War Historical Society (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mahross

Airman
Jul 19, 2006
London
I would like to announcethe formation of a new society, which I hope you will be interested in.

The Second World War Historical Society has been formed with the aim of furthering the study into the history of the war. The society is non – political in nature and in no way seeks to glorify the horrors of war.

The central aim of the group is to assemble through a network of regional groups and the society's own journal a collection of like-minded individuals who wish to preserve the memory of the Second World War. The Society also aspires to further the academic study of the Second World War through its journal. We welcome membership from all people with an interest in the war.

The Second World War Historical Society seeks to study all facets of the war; it's military, political, economic and social aspects.

The society is seeking to publish a quarterly journal entitled 'Torch' - The Journal of the Second World War Historical Society. It is planned that the first issue will appear in January 2007.

It is planned that 'Torch' will contains articles of new original research, facsimiles and reproductions of materials published during and after the war, book reviews, 'then and now' photographs and interviews or recollections of veterans.

Benefits of membership to The Second World War Historical Society include:
- A welcome pack.
- Four copies of the Society's Journal – 'Torch' The Journal of The Second World War Historical Society.
- The right to vote and stand for any post within the Society.
- Access to all offers that will eventually be available to members.

Costs are as follows:

UK - £15
Overseas - £20
Veteran - £5

I'm sure if you have a look you will like it. I think you will like the sample article especially.

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back