AV8SCAN

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
What the h*ll is that? Suddenly popped up on my computer, while on one of the 'networking' websites, never in my life seen it before...said that my computer was infected. But Since I never seen it before, I was suspicious and ignored it.

Good or bad?

What the h*ll is that? Suddenly popped up on my computer, while on one of the 'networking' websites, never in my life seen it before...said that my computer was infected. But Since I never seen it before, I was suspicious and ignored it.

Good or bad?

Bad:
Av8scan
What is av8scan? This malicious program can sneek into your computer and you may suspect as a program scanning for security threats in your PC but this av8scan virus merely does this to entice you to buy the fake security program, the antivirus 8. Once you are duped into buying the registration key or activation code of the program that the fake microsoft av8scan promotes, you may wonder why the advertised program does work. It is because the software promoted by this av 8 scan is actually a rogue av.

Remove av8scan infection from your PC ASAP or else, this av8 scan virus can make it difficult for you to use your computer. Rogue antiviruses such as this av8scan pop up virus are characterized by their ability to cause infected PCs to consistently show annoying system scans and popups. They may also cause infected systems to do redirects and prevent the users from browsing the internet

I suggest to run your own anti-virus fast!

Cheers fellas, very much appreciated! When I first saw this pop, I thought what the.... Being suspicious of everything that I don't know (not seen this before) etc., I clicked to close the thing off, not buiyng, accepting or use it to scan. As I was just to hit the sack after my nightshift, I ran my own scan while asleep, the whole lot, and they did find one threat which it took care off...
Just wanted to make sure... Thanks again fellas! :thumbright:

lived behind the lines with the enemy for 34 years....inflitrated and did recon...just reporting back intel, sir. :lol:

ps i am not serious...it was a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back