Man arrested for posing as Navy Officer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the ultimate hall of shame...

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here » Blog Archive » Flag Officer Regional – Round One

and the ultimate poser...

houston_2.jpg

Michael McMannus

Cough cough ...douchebag...cough cough

It is actually illegal to pose as an authority figure, such as a Doctor, Fireman, Police Officer, etc...

As far as I'm concerned, the same should go for posing as a member of the armed forces (past or present).

And that clown in the photo Joe posted should not only be prosecuted for impersonation, but have his ass kicked for wearing such a cheezy goatee...

Folks, thanks for the comments and likes to my earlier post. If the situation presented itself again I would not hesitate to react in the same manner. I can tell you that later that night I was so filled with rage that I had tears coming from my eyes, especially when thinking about my brother and other Vets who saw combat and suffered physical and emotional scars that will never heal, and then to think that this @sshat I dealt with had the audacity to do this in public at a pub that caters to an older crowd; it would be obvious that there would be a Vet or two within the establishment.

Unless these morons are committing a crime by using their lies to commit criminal acts, there is little we can do to stop them. Even the "impersonating an officer" situation doesn't hold up unless one can prove these idiots were using their fake credentials to "direct or order from a position of authority."

I would love to catch another one of these fools in a public place, strip them naked and send them on their way just wearing the cover (hat) of the branch of the armed service they were trying to be a member of!

You've defined the proper and appropriate "asshat protocol" if confronted with such a poser. Or perhaps I should say stumbling upon one? "I can't help it officer, I just tripped over him."

Last edited:
Excellent post FBJ, could not agree more. Liberty requires we tolerate others as we expect others to tolerate us. Read that somewhere in a pretty good book

Just received my February issue of FRA Today (a retired sea services publication). In it there is an article about the Stolen Valor Act. It seems it all started when Xavier Alvarez, a member of the Three Valley Water District Board of Directors of the Pomona area of Calif., falsely claimed, during a public meeting that he was a retired Marine, had been wounded several times in combat and had been awarded the Medal of Honor. He pleaded guilty to violating the Stolen Valor Act, and appealed it's constitutionality, claiming that it violated his First Amendment (Freedom of Speech) rights. The U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit held that the Stolen Valor Act was unconstitutional. The District Attorney has appealed the case, and it will go all the way to the Supreme Court.

The Fleet Reserve Association has signed on as a friend of the court (Amicus) for the upcoming U.S. Supreme Court Case United States v. Alvarez which will decide whether congress has the constitutional authority to prohibit people from lying about their military awards and decorations.

Charles

In a world (our present day USA) where anyone can say anything and have it accepted as "their truth" regardless of its validity, lying is less than a misdemeanor. e.g.: "I didn't come to work yesterday because I was abducted by aliens." It's my truth and you can't dispute it! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Claiming to have served when you have not is shameful and wrong. Claiming a medal of honor is a slap in the face to anyone who has ever worn a uniform. That should allow for a justifiable smackdown by any veteran or standing member of the US military.

I have only been in the presence of 1 CMH recipient in my life. And that was the sharpest and snappiest salute that I ever did.

You'd have to be a total moron to claim a CMH. I've known a few and none of them ever bragged or even mentioned it, so when someone claims a CMH my "Bullsh*t" radar goes on FULL alert. In a very real sense it is very sad that these people have no life of their own

Claiming to have served when you have not is shameful and wrong. Claiming a medal of honor is a slap in the face to anyone who has ever worn a uniform. That should allow for a justifiable smackdown by any veteran or standing member of the US military.

I have only been in the presence of 1 CMH recipient in my life. And that was the sharpest and snappiest salute that I ever did.

When I worked at Perry Buick, USMC Col. Howard V. Lee was one of my customers. He always asked for me. When I found our he was a MOH recipient, I had to go shake his hand. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking straight, and burst into the waiting room full of customers to do so. I blurted out something about the Medal of Honor, and he got an immediate standing ovation. Later, he came out into the bay where I was working on his Buick and very politely told me to never do that again, in a crowd. I see him now and then at the Navy Federal Credit Union and only wish I were still in uniform. Trust me, it is truly an honor to meet one of these men.

Charles

Up here its different you are not even aware of their accomplishments until they publish an obit and they seem happy it was just a job that needed doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back