Something I been working on (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I thought I post some pics of my workshop I have been building for awhile virtually by myself with some help at times from the wife and boy.The shop measures outside by 16'x30' were I will have a 16'x7' as my office /model room.I posted a pic of model cabinet sometime ago will it's in here built in as part of the wall to the office.The rest of the shop will be woodwork and one corner for my reloading.Well maybe it will be of interest some.Kevin

shop023.jpg

Pretty much the start 12;4x4x12' @3.5'-4' in the ground w/180lbs of rete another 24;4x4x4'@2.5' w120lbs of rete
shop068.jpg

Sw corner flooring off to the right
shop073.jpg

cabinet w/mirror 92"LX4Hx 27"D.There is storage up top and bottom.
shop071.jpg

Holy crap, dude! That's frikkin AWESOME!!!! I wanted one of those in my backyard, but the kiddo arrived, so I had to settle for a workbench in my garage (which its been too hot out there this summer to do anything on, yet...). Still....amazing lookin workshop ya got goin!

Thanks Guys,RAlien it's been almost 2 years in the makin and alot of work and alot of first.I have added a 28'x6' porch on the house as some other stuff but this is my first ground up deal.My wife asked "are you going to have a phone?"and I said "NO" if she wants to talk she will have get up off her butt and leave the TV:D .All the guys on the block are claiming dibbs if the wifee kicks them out.I will post pics when I get the ceiling up it actually got down to 73' in the office space with the a/c kinda surprised and no ceiling in there yet:shock: .

shop004.jpg

the floor understrusture

shop040.jpg

The outside basically finished.

It's all treated pine PB not going to mess around with those termites and the lap siding is hardi-plank.The HP is a dream to work with but hell on saw blades has them saw blades for lunch.

nice javlin! are you a carpenter or builder of any sorts?

No I am not just stuff I have learned,watched and observed over the last 20 or so years.I am in the automotive industry and have been for 26yrs this is the reason I like woodwork;wood is forgiving you mess it up grab another piece.I will be glad when I get to the point where I start making my cabinet doors.I am going to do some kind of ground work for the 1/32 1/24 in wood planks and sod on the bottom of the cabinet.

Well an update is due.I have spent thus far this Christmas week about 40hrs in the shop and my son put in about 12-14hrs(ceiling sheet).Today starts the sanding :mad: my favorite job.I had to take down all the lights of course.The shop was not going to have a ceiling but just to much heat in the summer,there goes the wood loft.This shop is better insulated than my house though.I have no problem getting the shop on one side down to below 60' and the office down to 50' and it's 75' outside ;).The blue and white boxes on the wall by the door are the laminate flooring :) I buy it a box at a time as cash permits.In pic #5 is the N side of the office thats is were the 2 1/72 scale model cabinets go either side of the window just like I have in the house now.i can't wait no more 'Honey about doing this blab blab blab...." from across the house and I am virtually deaf in one ear.You know what that means I got to stop get up and go talk to her haha.Now she is going to come talk to me a radio,ice and Hunter will be the amendnities.Kevin

Attachments

• shop 074 (900 x 675).jpg
    shop 074 (900 x 675).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 193
  • shop 075 (900 x 675).jpg
    shop 075 (900 x 675).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 188
  • shop 078 (900 x 675).jpg
    shop 078 (900 x 675).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 195
  • shop 076 (900 x 675).jpg
    shop 076 (900 x 675).jpg