Your Favorite Recipe's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Da little lady made up some appetizers for Christmas Eve with her family this year....took some water chestnuts, wrapped em in bacon, baked em at a secret temperature for an undisclosed period of time, then took them out, basted the tops in a mysterious BBQ sauce, cooked em a little longer.....and ooooooooooooooooh, lemme tell ya, I'm droolin on my keyboard again!

(before y'all come after me with torches and pitchforks for the recipe, she's got to get it from the lady she got it from originally....apparently it got tossed after Christmas, and she's not in much of a rush to look it up right now. Sorry.)

Comments.....

1. ANYTHING with bacon is good
2. 2nd fridge must contain at least one 6 pack of beer of your choice. However, seeing that Harrison is only 12 years old :) he is allowed Dr. Pepper, Hawaiian Punch, or whatever. hahahaha
3. RA - THAT's NOT FAIR!!!! :evil: No posting and not giving way the secrets!
4. Dayum I'm hungry now.........

Some good stuff in here guys!

I do a lot of cooking, it is a hobby of mine. I will have to throw up some of my recipes when I get home tonight.

Knödeln:

Knoedel.jpg

2 pounds of boiled cold potatoes
1-2 eggs
Salt
100-125 grams of wheat flour (approx. half a cup)
Bread croutons

Mash the cold potatoes and mix with eggs, salt and flour. Potato dough has to be so that you can shape it.
Rub hands with a little wheat flour and shape the knödeln into little balls.
Put a crouton in each of the balls.
Boil a good amount of water in a big pan, and when the water's boiling, you put a few potato dough balls in.
The knödeln will pop up when they're done, but test/check one to make sure that it has had been boiled enough. They might need to boil something like 10-15 mins, but check to make sure.
You can put diced fried bacon in the dough balls instead of the croutons, or minced fried meat with the spices of your choice.
Goes well with roast, goulasch or eisbein.
Enjoy! :lol:

(Guess what's for dinner here tonight? ;) )

Last edited:
BB, my friends Mother makes that Potato recipe. she dices up salt pork and fries it and stuffs it in the center of a ball taht is about 2.5" in diameter. After boiling you can eat as it, or slice it and fry it up. Served with clarified butter. She calls them Krubs if I remember correctly. I'm think Krub is short for something else, but not sure what?

Thanks BB, just solved the mystery of whae she was calling Krubs, I either can't hear well or she is mis-pronouncing it. Looks like they are call Klöße. Couldn't figure out why I was not finding a recipe via a Google search all these years.

Hi again guys.
As far as I can make out, the potato things are called "Knödel", or "semmeknödel", depending on how and with what you make them. Anyway, that's how I found the recipe - I googled "Knödel".
But as far as I can tell, there's plenty of variants all over the world, so the name may vary, depending on what recipe from which region you're using. ;)

Ok, I made this for a party, and it was a hit......

Double Tomato Brushetta

6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 French baguette
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
2. In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
4. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
5. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

Yields 12-14 servings

Attachments

• 132733.jpg
    132733.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 98

Users who are viewing this thread

Back