Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Waynos,
I must admit I was wrong and I congratulate for your excellent eyesight (maybe when you are 75 as I am your sight might just not be so good).
As to your very polite remark whether I have been at the beer I wish to point out that as a good italian I do not drink beer but wine (which is excellent in my region)
regards
carson1934

Ciao Carson Iam an "Italiano nato all´estero" Veneto heritage Good Wine too, But I preefer allways a good cool Beer!

Salute

Breda Zapata Z308

Attachments

• BZ308.jpg
    BZ308.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 128
  • bz7ez.jpg
    bz7ez.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Hi Carson, wine can blur the vision too. Must be why I need spectacles!

Gotta love the Z308, I do have a soft spot for big propliners that nobody wanted.

I believe the latest one is the Ried Rambler?

Gotta love the Z308, I do have a soft spot for big propliners that nobody wanted.

I thought by "shopping" Pan American on the side it would throw you guys off the trail! Wrong.
(Did you also notice the BOAC insignia on the tail?)
You beat me by 10 minutes Wayne. The Curtiss-Reid Rambler III. CF-BIB was the last flying, which was written off in September 1946.

Reid Rambler

Very distinctive...

Last edited:
I thought by "shopping" Pan American on the side it would throw you guys off the trail! Wrong.
(Did you also notice the BOAC insignia on the tail?)
You beat me by 10 minutes Wayne. The Curtiss-Reid Rambler III. CF-BIB was the last flying, which was written off in September 1946.

Reid Rambler

Very distinctive...

The "very distinctive" looks to me (with spectacles) like the Loire 30 of 1932, only one built....
carson1934

The BOAC insignia e PAA logo on Breda Zappata (an airliner that wasn't sold to anybody) was tricky indeed but you beat me on that for a matter of minutes.....

Hi Carson, wine can blur the vision too. Must be why I need spectacles!

Hi Waynos,
yeah, as confirmed also by Graeme, it is the Reid Rambler.....
carson1934

The "very distinctive" looks to me (with spectacles) like the Loire 30 of 1932, only one built....
carson1934

That's the one. A three-seat night reconnaissance aircraft.

The images come from a military aircraft card system produced in the late eighties and early nineties that you purchased on a monthly basis. Superseded now by the internet, they are however a good source of photos and for reasons I don't fully understand a large portion of them were French. Interestingly they were printed in Italy.

Another...

That's the one. A three-seat night reconnaissance aircraft.

The images come from a military aircraft card system produced in the late eighties and early nineties that you purchased on a monthly basis. Superseded now by the internet, they are however a good source of photos and for reasons I don't fully understand a large portion of them were French. Interestingly they were printed in Italy.

Another...

This is a Potez-41 BN5...a very ugly thing...but thanks for submitting your pic which is much nicer than the one I have
carson1934
P.S. By the way could you disclose name of the card system you are referring to

This is a Potez-41 BN5...a very ugly thing...but thanks for submitting your pic which is much nicer than the one I have
carson1934
P.S. By the way could you disclose name of the card system you are referring to

A bit more information: according to "Ugolok Neba" (forgive my transliteration, my former russian teacher would be horrified) this bird was finally called 410 intended as a night bomber but crashed in late 1934 killing his pilot and no prodution followed.

I've never seen that Potez before. What an utterly bizarre looking plane! But why am I surprised, it is French. They had a flair for making bizarre shapes flyable long before the advent of fly by wire

Thanks for posting this rare birds, Graeme, it's really challenging for me to get them (and in fact I usually don't :lol: )

I've never seen that Potez before. What an utterly bizarre looking plane! But why am I surprised, it is French. They had a flair for making bizarre shapes flyable long before the advent of fly by wire
Yep, I agree, most of the strangest and ugliest aircrafts built in that period were french, very peculiar machines...:D

I've never seen a photo before, only a drawing and a cutaway and neither of those showed it on floats, but that looks remarkably like A Goupil's 'Steam Duck'' aeroplane of about 1884?

Last edited:
Well that lasted 19 minutes - lol

Nicely done sir.

"Glenn Curtiss built this machine in 1916 to help his defense of the Wright Brothers' patent lawsuit. It was designed in 1883 by Frenchman Alexander Goupil, Curtiss' example flew with a 100 Hp. Curtiss OXX powerplant The seaplane version in the picture was heavy and could barely hop, fitted with wheels it flew successfully in 1917. It did not contribute to a successful defense."

Talking about ugly planes this one, which is the next challenge, deserves its fair share.....
carson1934

Attachments

• image unknown.jpg
    image unknown.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back