Aircraft Identification V (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can honestly say I have never seen that one before! Over to the experts on German experimental types.....
BTW, to start a new thread, go to the bottom of the page, and you'll se a box marked 'New Thread'. Click on this, enter your text and attach pics as normal, then click 'Submit'.

Last edited:
Perhaps the Mods can move waggles1999's post (and the responses) into it's own thread...

As far as the photo goes, it *almost* looks like a test bed for one of Dr. Lippische's designs, but a few things are bothering me...

One, the Swastika on the tail looks too sharp compared to the rest of the "branding" on that aircraft and the joint between the rudder and the vert-stab is missing where the Swastika happens to be. Also looks like a "border" where the wing's leading edge obstructs the fuselage from the viewer from the root, outwards. ALso looks like the windscreen (canopy?) is far too opaque to be able to see out of it...

I suppose it could just be a trick of the lighting at the time the photo was taken...but makes the photo look a little bit "doctored"...

I can honestly say I have never seen that one before! Over to the experts on German experimental types.....
BTW, to start a new thread, go to the bottom of the page, and you'll se a box marked 'New Thread'. Click on this, enter your text and attach pics as normal, then click 'Submit'.
:?::?:

This is great - ME 262 - my favorite WW2 airplane!!

Sorry i dont know how to start a thread but can anyone identify the airplane i have attached?
Your post #3780
This is a Payen 22/2 Flechair not a german aircraft but a creation of that great genius who was Roland Payen a french engineer the germans just captured and impounded it.....
carson

Last edited:
Perhaps the Mods can move waggles1999's post (and the responses) into it's own thread...

As far as the photo goes, it *almost* looks like a test bed for one of Dr. Lippische's designs, but a few things are bothering me...

One, the Swastika on the tail looks too sharp compared to the rest of the "branding" on that aircraft and the joint between the rudder and the vert-stab is missing where the Swastika happens to be. Also looks like a "border" where the wing's leading edge obstructs the fuselage from the viewer from the root, outwards. ALso looks like the windscreen (canopy?) is far too opaque to be able to see out of it...

I suppose it could just be a trick of the lighting at the time the photo was taken...but makes the photo look a little bit "doctored"...

Hello Graugeist
long time no hear.
Please see my post #3788 to Waggles 1999
cheers
carson

Has this something to do with the Stout Metal airplanes? I can't check it out because aerofiles today is not accessible...
carson
Yes! :thumbup:
Well done carson, you got it! =D>

Stout Amphibian
Stout Amphibian

BTW, about Mr. Stout, he's the same that did this futuristic odd looking car: the Scarab:!:
35StScarab.jpg

Cheers

Lloyd Dr G, prototype, no. 40.08

:thumbup: Very nice Tzaw! I don't know much about it, but I saw a photo of it recently in a book published by the Smithsonian Institution; the caption calling it the Lloyd LKI. According to the book it was inspired by Italy's Caproni bombers and completed in June 1916 but apart from some disastrous taxi tests it never flew. Did a quick Google and all I could find was the same photo on a Smithsonian site...

Lloyd Type LK 1 Triplane Bomber 40.08. [photograph]

Hmmm...Sorry guys, dumb clue? I think you looked too "deeply" into the bottle. :D STOUT.
Yep :D
Actually I did a search for "Stout floatplane" and nothing came out; found later that the correct query terms were "Stout amphibian" :rolleyes:

And now, after the "Men On Wings" thread, I'd like to start the obvious answer "Ladies On Wings" thread:

LADIESONWINGS.png

Can you guess (the plane)?

Cheers

Yep :D
Actually I did a search for "Stout floatplane" and nothing came out

G'day mate! Actually we're all familiar with Aerofiles so I thought everyone would start there using "Stout" but of course you would have to assume it's American...I guess I assumed too much. :|

Can you guess (the plane)?

Sure can! The reason being that while looking for your previous "humans on a wing" image I stumbled across this site. I was going to counter-attack with the Aeromairine 75 but now I'm guessing that we're sourcing from the same site? :(

The Luscombe 8C Silvaire Deluxe.

Winged Wonders AirSpace

Yes! :thumbup:
Well done carson, you got it! =D>

Stout Amphibian
Stout Amphibian

BTW, about Mr. Stout, he's the same that did this futuristic odd looking car: the Scarab:!:
35StScarab.jpg

Cheers

Hi Marco
I saw the Scarab too while investigating the Srout site however your pic is much better than the one I have found.
Wasn't it a beautiful piece of automotive machinery with a futuristic look?
BTW do you also have problems in accessing Aerofiles? It seems there is an internal server error...
carson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back