The best biplane fighter of the war (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

im not on the site all the time though, and my post rate isnt very quick, onme every 10 mins maybe, im usually talking to helen 8)

Alot of the smaller countries in the war were still employing biplanes. And the Brits had the Gladiator, Germany had the Hs 123, Russia had the I-15 family, and I'm not sure but America may have still had a few F3Fs in service when the war started.

I've been giving some more thought to this and think that the CR.42 Falco deserves a second look. From what I have seen, it was faster than either the Gladiator or the I-153 and may have been the best biplane fighter of the war. Ah, at last an Italian plane takes a title.

swordfish wasnt a fighter but it was one of the only biplanes that had a role. torpedoing the Bizmark allowing the navy to zero in on it

welcome to the site SKIBC, and you're right in saying that, i believe i've mentioned that before, the general feeling in thsi thread is that the title of best bi-plane fighter was the Glostor Gladiator..............................

I'm not so sure of that anymore. The CR.42 was faster than the Gladiator and I prefer to armament of two 12.7mm weapons over 4 .303s.

Well, the I-153 used by the Soviet's would probably be in the running, but I consider it inferior to either the Gladiator or the CR.42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back