P-38 Cutaway

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
3,245
639
Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Location
Florida, USA
Website
ww2aircraft.net
P-38 Cutaway
 

Attachments

  • p-38_cutaway.gif
    p-38_cutaway.gif
    886.7 KB · Views: 2,148
thats a great cutaway 8) ill just post here so lightning guy can have look at it, though he probably has seen loads of cutaways before of lightnings :wink: 8)
 
I've seen several. The baggage compartment wasn't all that big, but was useful for smuggling contraband (like scotch) into forward areas. More useful was the nose. I read that if the Lightning didn't carry ammo it could smuggle something like 4 cases of Aussie scotch up to the forward bases. These planes would inturn be escorted by Lightnings with a full ammo load.
 
Adolf Galland once flew his Bf-109 to a high level party. He was carrying champagne and lobster with him.
 
It was a joke :roll:

Yes, everyone still does it now. I've heard plenty of stories of smuggling stuff through now, like under panels in fighters, they don't get checked :D
 
What if the last B-36 had its bomb bay turned into a huge keg? The "Coalition" (Allies sounds sooo much better!) could use it as a super long-range morale booster! It's a crazy plan but it would work!
 
:lol:

or, if a lancaster carried a 22,000lb pinata hanging below it on a few heavy duty chains, and a hurricane and a spit had to shoot at it to break it open to release the sweets :lol: hang on, maybe thats why the lancaster is at the BBMF :D
 
I think a lot of people stood under it are going to die, but again, I'm up for it... :lol:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back