Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 Part I (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Guy

Master Sergeant
Apr 29, 2004
Back to the point of this thread. I recently read than the Germans fitted 12 55mm rockets to the FW-190F and used in on the Eastern Front. I'm not sure of any service records but I imagine that provided a rather fearsome punch.

I reckon the IL-2 was the best too. Though if I remember correctly, Lanc, you championed the P-51 and the TORNADO earlier on in this thread. :lol:

The Il-2 was probably the best all around. But the modified versions of the 190 would have been very capable of busting up tanks AND defending themselves in the air.

They could have defended themselves when they've got rid of their load. There are many tankbusters which were all good, but the Il-2 was the best.
Looking at it though, it doesn't make a difference which was better if your plane could knock out a few tanks, you've got a good aircraft. The Typhoon, Il-2, A-36, FW-190, Hurricane and even the Stuka were all good at tankbusting because they could do it.

The Il-2 was the best though :D

I don't think so, I think the Typhoon or the FW-190 would have been the best if the Il-2 never existed. The Stuka wasn't armoured, or fast enough to be an effective tank buster without getting destroyed.

I must have been high on caffine every time you've said that.

Oh boy, you should have seen me on Saturday night. I was too tired to be drinking, and I couldn't go home and leave my friend so I was drinking Red Bull, I was so high, it was like being on crack. Not that I'd know what that is like.

I couldn't get to sleep when I finally got home, but I was playing good pool :lol:

:lol: a good tactic to use when playing pool/snooker (i do this with my dad) is wait until about 10pm (or whatever time) and then ask em for a game, as they will have had a few drinks the game is yours :lol:

Well we were in the pub from like 5pm and finally left at like 1am, we were playing pool all night. That was a lot of money...sheesh, needless spending, we love it.

:lol: we have our own pool/snooker table, trouble is though the othr day i knocked it and its totally wonky now, all the balls go to the top left pocket ;) makes for some strategic gaming though :D

Is it a full size (12ft) snooker table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back