Jane's WW2 Fighters (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks graugeist, guess I could look around some pawn shops and see if they have a decent newer computer. I really would like to get into Il2 but just don't have the funds right now for a good pc. From what I've seen online things have come a long way since ww2f!

Believe it or not, I run all of the IL-2 series except IL-2: 1946 on my "Legacy" gamer, which is a Pentium III (1GHz Coppermine) with 512Mb RDRAM with am nVidia G-Force 256 video card and Win98SE for an OS. Once in a while, it'll stutter if there's a heavy graphics condition, like being over a large city with flack and a large amount of aircraft, otherwise it's extremely smooth, even when I'm in multiplayer with friends.

I have kept the ol' legacy machine around because I have all of my old games on it (Mechwarrior, Red Baron, Jane's, Air Warrior, Aces of the Pacific, etc etc) so you shouldn't have any difficulties with the first couple releases of IL-2.

Which Il-2 would you suggest? (I've never played any of them) a lot of people say 1946 but I really don't know the differences in any of them, or even when they were released lol. Looks like I joined the right forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back