Australian Beaufort Manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ozhawk40

Master Sergeant
Well perhaps someone will be able to post the remainder to complete this collection, but here's my contribution to start, as a **special request** by Jerry.

Cheers

RAAF publication number 185 - Pilots notes for Australian Beaufort aeroplane
RAAF publication number 204 - Beaufort all marks weight sheet summary
RAAF publication number 280 - Beaufort Alighting Gear Servicing Instructions
RAAF publication number 294 - Beaufort Descriptive Manual
RAAF publication number 299 - Beaufort Electrical Service Manual
RAAF publication number 483 - Australian Beaufort Repair Manual

Attachments

• RAAF280 beaufort alighting gear - smaller.pdf
    14.8 MB · Views: 1,200
  • Beaufort Weight Sheet Summary RAAF Publication 204.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 745
  • RAAF299 - The Australian Beaufort Electrical Manual.pdf
    13.5 MB · Views: 827
Last edited:
Attached (I hope I got this sussed out) is R.A.A.F. PUBLICATION No. 294 Australian Beaufort Descriptive Manual Vol 1, 2nd Edn (less fold-outs) dated 23 Feb 1943. The fold-outs will follow tho I am having problems stitching the halves together - if I get desperate I will post as is.
I have decided to upload the manual in two parts - all the 212 x 330 mm pages now and the fold-outs (virtually every page is a different size tho all except one are 330 mm high) later along with a covering note that gives you the page sizes so you can decide how to print it.
212 x 330 is a fraction smaller than the American Folio paper but even that is hard to come by these days but legal is about same width and a little longer than folio so probably best fit

Unfortunately converting the JPGs to pdf it has ended up printing last page first (reverse page order) - finger trouble on my part but I do not know where yet. :cry: Once I crack that I will upload the file in page order

Mi Tasol

File removed per request as files below are smaller. Micdrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked out the reversed page problem and also worked out how to reduce file size by finding the "Reduce file size" option
Am posting it in three parts, each about 150 pages.

Next the foldouts - hopefully fairly soon

Em nau

Mi Tasol

EDIT Go to post 31 in this thread for the files containing the diagrams

Last edited:
Great work MiTasol,thank you!
Anything on other Aussie birds ,like the Boomerang or the Wackett,or even the CAC Ceres ?

Hi Does anyone have a copy of the Descriptive Manual thats organised. The one of here is jumbled everywhere. Not having a go at the original poster by any means.
Thank you very much for uploading. Is it complete? If no one has a organised copy I may try myself although I don't know how lol. Also does anyone have anymore RAAF Beaufort Manuals or anything that would help with the restoration of a Beaufort?
Many thanks

That manual I posted is in exactly the same page order as the original written by the RAAF and DAP so if you consider it unorganised then there is nothing anyone can do to help you.
You say on another page "BTW we are not the group in Caboolture" but fail to say who you actually are.
Are you Ashamed?
BTW if you are from the sandpit I know that you have the original of the manual I scanned.
I tried buying that manual for years but the previous owner eventually said he had promised it to the them and only let me borrow it overnight for scanning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back