B-47 Flight Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Keith,

I want to thank you for the B-47 manual, but I haven't been able to download it yet. Is anyone else having trouble with the download? I have tried more than 15 times but every time it stops between 22 and 30 meg. (The file is 46.6 meg in size.) I don't have trouble with any other files, but this one just won't finish. I have tried 2 different computers, connected by WiFi and then with the Ethernet cable, and used both Safari and Firefox but still no luck.

If anyone can offer any suggestions or tell me if there is somewhere else I can get this manual, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks very much.

DC

I've had a hard time getting downloads completed on this site the last few weeks and that has never happened til recently. I'm not sure what the problem is, I had assumed it was something on my end.

Thanks,

That's a legit A model manual. The cockpit layout and hardware are true to the A model.

I am building a 1:8.7 scale B-47E IV and a WB-47B for FAI F4C contest and presentation.
The WB-47B is going to be finished out by a project partner. His is quite colorful compared to the B-47E IV.
attachment.jpg

The B-47E IV is the 1000th B-47 constructed and it was built at the Douglas Wichta, KS manufacturing plant.
attachment.jpg

I have eight manuals we've found online over the last 20 months of design. Each differentials the changes in
photos and illustrations. One of the best for my purposes was the YB-47E

attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

Last edited:
I think you would be very popular if you shared the other b-47 manuals on here. I think the TB-47 manual was uploaded on this site as well but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, please upload the others. I have only found the tb-47 and b-47a that I posted. I love the technical mechanical data and repair manuals. I can help you with the upload if you are not familiar with how it all works. Keith

No doubt I would be popular with many who do not want to pay for the manuals as I did.

attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
KF_2_92.jpg
KF_2_92C.jpg

You can save 8 dollars right now at Periscope... Their B-47 focuses are bundled: TWO VOLUME SET! The ultimate for
the B-47 enthusiast, Periscope Film is proud to reproduce the 750+ page flight manual for the Stratojet.

The Air Force's first all-jet strategic bomber, the swept-wing Boeing B-47 had a range of 3,500 nautical miles and a
payload capacity of 20,000 pounds. It was the mainstay of SAC in the 1950s into the mid 1960s. In 1956, over 1300
B-47s and 250 RB-47s were on alert. It was fully supplanted by the B-52 by 1967.

This B-47 pilot and crew handbook is over 750 pages long. It has been slightly reformatted but is reproduced here in
its entirety, in a two-volume set. It provides a fascinating view inside one of history's great planes. Softbound in two
volumes, over 750 pages, black and white with full color covers, 8.5x11".

Attachments

• BACPltCrwManual1.jpg
    BACPltCrwManual1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 660
  • BACPltOpsManual2.jpg
    BACPltOpsManual2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
I didn't mean to offend you, I thought you might have found others just like I posted on here. I like technical copies of everything from the 1950's on back but when I spend my hard earned money, I only buy the originals, since they hold their value, it's just a personal preference. I have also scanned many of these originals and posted on here, thousands of dollars worth actually. I think my v-1710 manuals cost me about $300, b-24 willow run manual $200 and many many more, I also paid $300 for a b-29 maintenance manual, spent 40 hours scanning it's 1000 pages in high quality but haven't finished the touchups to post yet, that project about broke me mentally. I've seen my handy work on websites all over the world and I have never charged a penny, many of these companies that sell manuals that me and other enthusiasts have bought the original manual for and spent the long hours making a nice copy to share free of charge. We also don't share copyrighted material on here. Like I said, sorry to have offended you.

Keith,

No offense taken...it is not my desire to start an issue as I am sure someone has in the past, I simply point out differentials
when copyrights exist for reference materials, I honor them. If I had acquired these as a result of the public domaine its one
thing, but the materials I have were edge glued and bound or stapled hardcopy, or bought from companies performing these
tasks and selling online...its another circumstance.

I appreciate the joy in finding authentic "original" resource online which can be downloaded after someone takes the time to
scan and save in .pdf with high enough resolution to accord utility use in my projects for reference or in rare cases an actual
resource incorporated into the project itself. The two B-47 Flight Manual coveres will be in the cockpit of my B-47E IV at 1:8.7
scale...stuck to the face of a faux manual rectangle manual shape. :^)
attachment.jpg

attachment.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the look at the B-47A, I've had the definitive 1960 issue of TO 1B-47E-1 for a number of years, but I've never seen an original A model manual. Thanks again!

Greetings Keith;

I would like to thank you, for the B-47 manual .........................

I have the pilots manual on the B-58 Hustler. This is a very large manual, and I will have to break it into parts.
anyway, I will work on this project.

...... I would also like to make a blanket statement. Unfortunately there are people in this world that do not like
to share. I have had to deal with them in model clubs, and else ware. These people are the ones that take the
fun out of the hobby.........
beatin10.gif
.... Fortunately, we have a lot of great model builders, and an excellent group of members that
gives us the reference that is needed to build by.

Thanks......... Guys, and Gals .................. ,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back