P-39 Flight Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks for the manual. I did find that there is somebodys resume at pg. 15 and a page from the manual missing. Is there any chance of getting that page?

ha ha. I just saw the resume. Sorry about that guys. Someone else at work must have been scanning from another copy machine. When I was putting all the scans together I must have grabbed it too.

Feel free to hire her if you want!!! :)

I believe this is the manual from 1942. I may be off on the year though.
Wow. Interesting. Just says "P-39" on the first page. I just skimmed it, but couldn't find a date or type (P-39D or P-39K etc) in the whole thing. It did mention the engine as a -85 which went into the N and Q but that was from Dec '42 so 1942 may be optimistic. In addition to that lady's employment resume :) at the end it had a set of review questions for an examination. This may possibly be something from a training base. Really neat history.

All the pilots manuals I have seen for the P-38, P-39, P-40, P-47 and P-51 look like this format:

Attachments

• P-39KPilotsManual.pdf
    13.5 MB · Views: 339
All the pilots manuals I have seen for the P-38, P-39, P-40, P-47 and P-51 look like this format:

I agree that all the USAAC/F manuals are like the one you posted but there are a number of other aircraft with these crappy manuals.

I have P-39, P-40, P-51 and P-63 which I am fairly sure I got from the American manuals page Manual Index - American. They may have been from a training unit or maybe were created for the civil pilots who ferried the aircraft for the military or maybe were used when the aircraft were operated for films by Tallmantz and others.

I note that the
  • P-51 is section III
  • P-39 is section IV,
  • P-63 is section V, and
  • P-40 is section VI
which suggests to me they are all sections from the same document - hopefully someone can find and post the remainder of the document

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back