RUSSIAN MANUALS (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is a way via the printer, once it's set up in the cache adobe can convert to PDF. Not exactly sure what the sequence is any more, been too long. Didn't have a printer back than either. Worth a try if you have Adobe available.

There is a way via the printer, once it's set up in the cache adobe can convert to PDF.

Yes, of course!
Printing as *.pdf is an option that should be available on any pc.
Starting from the viewer mentioned above, I just did it on 234 pages document and it took, on my machine, less then five minutes.
The issue could be that pdf docs are larger, in my case 18,600 KB instead of 3,600.
Cheers
Alberto

I must amend what I said above, the size of pdf file, obtained by printing at full A4 page size is 46,600 KB, so more then ten times larger.

Last edited:
You guys be very careful on any Russian websites, many are full of viruses, either intentionally or the website is hacked and the virus is added. You don't have to download anything to catch a virus, just going to a website can, you can pick up a virus before you even click on anything on that page. I do a lot of research on warbirds and have had this happen several times, even while using 3 antivirus programs, it still takes some work to repair the damage and make sure it's gone. The Russian Mafia is behind most of this and they love to steal American's credit card numbers. There is a addon to your internet browser by mcafee, called safe search that scans websites and looks for viruses, it wont let you open websites it has found to have viruses and also tells you if it's safe with a green checkmark, in the search engine results. It's a free download and I highly recommend it.

You guys be very careful on any Russian websites, many are full of viruses, either intentionally or the website is hacked and the virus is added. You don't have to download anything to catch a virus, just going to a website can, you can pick up a virus before you even click on anything on that page. I do a lot of research on warbirds and have had this happen several times, even while using 3 antivirus programs, it still takes some work to repair the damage and make sure it's gone. The Russian Mafia is behind most of this and they love to steal American's credit card numbers. There is a addon to your internet browser by mcafee, called safe search that scans websites and looks for viruses, it wont let you open websites it has found to have viruses and also tells you if it's safe with a green checkmark, in the search engine results. It's a free download and I highly recommend it.

Many thanks, it's a very useful advice.
I have a Norton 360 anti-virus softer and I hope it does its duty...
Alberto

Like I said, I do a lot of research and years ago, I would only use 1 antivirus program but then I got burned a few times here and there. Even with running 3 or 4 at a time, I still pick something up about 3 or 4 times a year. None of the programs are perfect and so you can pick these up and not have any indication for months and it's too late. Just be careful guys and use extreme caution on russian sites, if your not really shart on computers, I would stay away from any site that ends in .ru. Take Care, Keith

I'm new on this forum but I'm already amazed by the great information available! Thanks!

I attach a PDF version of a Yak 1 manual (I believe it was only posted as DJVU file): it has some nice drawings that detail wood to metal assemblies (shame my Russian is inexistent).

Cheers

Zorglub5

Attachments

• Yak1.pdf
    16.3 MB · Views: 840
Does anyone know of a good Djvu convert program?
Isn't there one built into Google Drive? A friend gave me quite a few Soviet tank manuals and most of them were djvu files, and I was able to open them from Drive from a converter or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back